1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

FaMPQ Import Fixer

Submitted by Fakov
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I was very often approached by a routine connected with the import of content into the map - icons and models. As you know, Blizzards did not provide automatic tools to find the necessary paths and erase these here "war3mapImported". Well, when I needed 30 icons to edit all the paths properly, I decided that I could solve the problem through any mpq editor.
I was very surprised when I did not find a suitable editor for these purposes.
And when I started to write my own, I understood why it was not there.

What it FaMPQ?
As a result, there is the standalone simple tool with the possibility of mass editing the content in the map - icons and models.

Now you can:

1) Massively update all paths for the icons the way they should be (in version 1.0.9 correctly work just with DISBTNs' paths);
2) Add one file to the root of the mpq;
3) Add many files to the root of the mpq;
4) Extract just one file from mpq;
5) Extract all files from mpq;
6) Delete any file into mpq;
7) Rename any file into mpq;
8) Search file by name ito mpq;
9) Sort list of files
10) Compact mpq for removing free space from mpq.
And all of this possibilites will correctly work right away in WE.

Sure, I hear about Grimex with same functional, but I didn't find standalone mpq-editor, which can add new icons into map with correctly path.

Very important thing - this tool use especial library for correct work, so I had to create install package for it. Just install this package and run program. I hope, there will no problem with error about unregistering class (EOleSysError for example). Please, reply me if you see this error (i need to know your windows version).

Current version of FaMPQ:
v1.0.9.2803 (28/03/19)
Previews
Contents

FaMPQ Import Fixer Tool (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
A useful tool for batch importing disabled icons saving you the effort of doing it manually. The MPQ editing capabilities are nice to have, but there are already existing tools such as Ladiks MPQ editor which handle that portion exceptionally well....
  1. eejin

eejin

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    A useful tool for batch importing disabled icons saving you the effort of doing it manually.

The MPQ editing capabilities are nice to have, but there are already existing tools such as Ladiks MPQ editor which handle that portion exceptionally well. Maybe a rebranding to an "Import Fixer" might make the use cases for this tool clearer.

For approval do please uncheck the "Remove war3mapImported/" option by default as this will cause trouble for already existing maps by breaking all their import references.

I would also suggest to make this tool standalone by default instead of an installer.

2. MadMax

MadMax

Resources:
    Resources:
    How to import icons already with ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\ in front ? (the program is chaning the DISBTN but not the BTN path.) any help?
    Some suggestions that could greatly improve the program.
    1. When double clicking on any item on the list (open it to rename it instantly)
    2. Make the mass selection avaible (for mass delete or so on)
    3. Make actualy hotkeys for Delete,Rename,Extract
    4. Make Delete button work with Delete hotkey.