• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Faceless One

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it? I don't know what exactly I'd call this. Simply put, it's an armoured Faceless One. What do I intend to do next? I want to do some detailing on the shoulders and make it more than a the standard shape: a pad with a metal outline around it.

Critique is highly appreciated. I also want to know what you all think I should do in the gray areas on his chest, and should I add more tonal contrast to the chest or leave it as it is?

Attachments

• FacelessOne.JPG
    FacelessOne.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 486
Shoulders should have bigger metal plating.It looks strange having such a big shoulders and so small Protection.

As much as I'd like to, one side gets stretched if I make them bigger, and if it's not symmetrical it looks quite silly. I think I have an idea that may satisfy you.

Actually, it looks like a mecha elephant. Most lovely. I suppose that for the arms, you could do a continuation of his tenta-beard: a series of coiling cables that wrap around the club and so forth.

The thing down the middle is an armoured tentacle. As for the armour, I got some inspiration from the Elite from Halo. I integrated a more futuristic style of armour into it.

I'll try your idea, but I want you to elaborate on it a bit. I'm not exactly sure what you want me to do.

I think it looks really nice so far, but I do think you need some more contrast. The chest armor just sorta blends together and its hard to see the different pieces. I really like the way it looks so far and I cant wait to see the next update on it, I am sure it will turn out really great when you finish it.

Finally! Someone who actually reads the first post. Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

Level 26
I was thinking of something along these lines. One's some sort of generic metal framework interspersed with glowing bundles of blue energy stuff. The other is your typical bundle of fibres type thing, with the fibres basically mimicking the anatomy of the arm.

If you're gonna try and copy the Elite, a major part of the covenant armour schemes is that lovely sheen on their armour. Ridiculous highlights and massive contrast are in order.

Oh, yeah. Are the eyes glowing? Secksy well-lit armour is always appreciated.

Attachments

• Woktopoos 4-1-08.jpg
    Woktopoos 4-1-08.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 291
I do too, but my only concern is that it doesn't really fit with other WC3 textures. Especially at the level of contrast it is at now, there should be much much more.

Bah. I've added so much since the first WIP, but I'll keep at it I suppose.

I was thinking of something along these lines. One's some sort of generic metal framework interspersed with glowing bundles of blue energy stuff. The other is your typical bundle of fibres type thing, with the fibres basically mimicking the anatomy of the arm.

If you're gonna try and copy the Elite, a major part of the covenant armour schemes is that lovely sheen on their armour. Ridiculous highlights and massive contrast are in order.

Oh, yeah. Are the eyes glowing? Secksy well-lit armour is always appreciated.

I might tweak your idea a bit, but we'll see. And super highlights? I'll try and do those at the end.

I like the bone/blue colour combination.

Thanks.

Level 9
I never thought I was gonna say this to you sense you have been so critical to my (Old) skinns. But I gotto admit, this is a piece of art and I cant wait til you are done. Very well work, you coudnt have done it better.

But now, the thing that struck me....is....do robots nessesarily have shoulder pads? I mean in my head a robot doesnt have shoulder pads, it only has a crome suit or something like that. But I understand if it is a little more pimp with shoulder pads to make him look heavy.

Actually I was thinking Donphaceless One. Donphan (the pokemon) + Faceless One = Donphaceless One.

I did some work on the arm cords and added some contrast to the shoulder. I'm thinking of adding some sort of metal brace right at the end of the cords so it doesn't look like such a sudden end to them.

Attachments

• Update.jpg
    Update.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 349
Looking very good so far Hawk. I agree the cords could use some darker darks and lighter lights. I also think you should make the eyes a little less monotone. Start with a darker blue near the edges and work towards a super bright blue in the very middle. Then put a little glow from them on the cheek and the side of the middle face tentacle. Also I think you need a darker shadow under the gray armor where it goes on top of the lighter color of the face. I really like this and I can't wait to see it finished.

Back on Track

Alright. I know it's been, what, three months, but I'm ready to get back on track. I've worked on the back a fair amount, so, really, all I need to do now, aside from touching up what I've already done, is the legs.

One of the touch-ups I'm going to work on tonight is making the skin wrap better. Notice how the chest piece wraps on to his arms a bit?

Attachments

• ss0000.JPG
    ss0000.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 110
It appears to have breasts on its back, but other than that.

That's mostly the angle. I can always decrease the contrast on that part, but then the entire skin would look very unbalanced. Let me do the legs, then I'll try to fix that.

seems good. Just remember, little squiggles barely appear unless you use a shitload of contrast.

Yeah, well, I'll test it later. If something doesn't show then I'll add more contrast.

Edit: Small update here. I've done the shoulders, now I'm working on the arms. Also, there's a better angle of the back here.

Attachments

• ss0000.JPG
    ss0000.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Level 5
I didn't know robots had bones. So the back need not be textured to fit human form. You might want to add boards there, so that it looks more like a cyborg.
Additionally, you might want to release it when you're done :p

Status
Not open for further replies.