• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestions about using in game textures for Deathwing Human form model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 50
So I was thinking of making a Deathwing model in his human for, but before I start, I need some suggestions on what textures to use. I can't think of texture, didn't look much in the mpq's, though, to use for his chest, shoulder pads, and for the hands. I'm thinking about faceless texture for his front cloth part, it should be team colored, and about his belt and shoulder pads parts to use same faceless texture, the one with the metal parts.
Here's the reference picture I plan to base it on. deathwinghuman.jpg

Level 50
Standard metal textures tinted down with geoeset animations, rock textures and all that stuff with an additonal layer of lava textures over them should work out if mixed right.

Like exactly what texture? There are a lot of them, some don't fit, though. I was thinking of Textures/DarkPortal03.blp texture, the idea comed from Solu's armor set.

You should probably ask Kwaliti to use his texture, so you just create armor. Anyone who'd import your model would likely import his as well, anyway.
Hmm, I don't know. I kinda don't like working with custom textures. Yeah, they are better and all, but I always worked with in game ones. I have something in mind, if I can make it work with in game textures, I will make another version with Kwaliti's texture, maybe.

The textures kinda clash at the moment, there's too much difference in color direction/saturation/detail. That's one of the reasons I've resorted to using as few in game textures as possible when I make something. However, if you work more on this, and find something more detailed for arms (like that campaign screen undead texture), if you change that wool/cloth thing behind him to something a bit more eye candy, etc, who knows.

The mesh seems fine aside from that jaw, make it a bit more like the original, it's going to be seen in the portrait, so prioritize that over it looking good from far away.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Buildings\Other\SacrificialAltar\SacrificialAltar.blp could offer some interesting lava texture to work with.

Level 50
I'll try to do that, it's like that(plain-like) because of the texture.
Also I need to mention I used the JesusHipster's trick with the Akama model he an Proxy did, the shadows around the eyes...
That will be visible in portrait mostly.
Any suggestions for the weapon? Some texture? I tried with several ones but it didnt looked so good.
If someone is willin to make the weapon with ingame textures, feel free, he will be credited.
Oh, and some suggestions about the handle would be nice.

Level 50
Well, I'd say the weapon is actually good. As for animations, eh... I don't think there'd be many fitting 2H sets.

Actually there is. I just need good stand and walk animations, the chest and arms movement could be taken from dragonspawn or from centaur. It's a lot of work but i will try to finish it when i have time.
Off topic: could you send me friend request so I could contact you sometimes?

Level 50
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.