• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My shoulder pad wont attatch properly, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys, ive been making a new look for Grom, i have taken a shoulder pad off a different model, and put it onto Grom and for some reason the shoulder pad seems to float above the shoulder instead of on it.....

untitled1.jpg

Can anyone fix this? here are the files i used, the Grom model was made for me curtsey of Spinnaker, if anyone can fix the problem and put the shoulder pad on correctly for me and attatch the model in this thread i would be grateful.

The soulder pad is just called Pad, the other 3 are Grom, 2 texture files (you must import both for Grom to show up) and the actual mdx file.

You must upload both the texture files, and remove the war3importer.. in the custom path, leaving just the names.

If anyone succeeds in fixing this problem like i said please upload it in this thread :)

Attachments

• HellscreamChaos5.tga
    243.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Hellscream1b.mdx
    177 KB · Views: 72
  • Hellscream1.tga
    235.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Pad.mdx
    117 KB · Views: 90

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Did the job, u aren't so patient, are you?

I have combined pad and Hellscream into one model, however with two of his aminations, arm will go through his pad, it's: victory and metamorphose (into chaos grom). I wanna be honest you know....

Hope you gonna like it. Enjoy!
EDIT: He still uses same textures, and doesn't need anything more.

Attachments

• Hellscream1e.mdx
    181.9 KB · Views: 80
Level 2
Hehe, not really when i start something i dont like stopping until its done sry :p

Anywhooo thanks a bunch for the help , the model's great :) and if you don't mind, (doesn't have to be any time soon) could oyu explain how you did that? just in case it happens again so i can fix it :)

Many thanks :)

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
I have exported geo set, from orc model you gave me before, the one that was about shoudlers. Unfortunately, 1 geo set was hiding both shoulderpads, so i used War3 Model Editor, selected the left pad scaled it to 0% (couldn't remove it because of this geoset) and the second one in order:
-selected
-translocated, finding best position so Grom would look nice ;)

I'm aware that few modelers here with high experience would do it quicker and with better solutions. However, there are many roads to destiny :grin:

Level 2
ah ok thanks, it does look real nice :) much better than the origonal Grom model imo lol... dont really understannd what you did like i said im a noob when it comes to this, Grom was my first model and you did that for me cause i failed lol :D will try grasp what i should be doing as soon as i can ^.^, or if you would upload a quick video or step by step on how you added the pads, for future referance :) i can export the shoulder geoset and save it as a .mdx but when iadd it to the units using the custom ability way it dosnt work, how did you do it

Status
Not open for further replies.