• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
Looks interesting. Good luck!

I don't know if you know but Maiev holds extremely high prejudice towards Highbourne. So her having one as one of her commanders sounds out of character...unless they have a history together.

I like that Sinae holds a grudge towards Tyrande. I always found weird that Maiev seemed to forgive Tyrande so easily...

Level 3
Looks interesting. Good luck!

I don't know if you know but Maiev holds extremely high prejudice towards Highbourne. So her having one as one of her commanders sounds out of character...unless they have a history together.

I like that Sinae holds a grudge towards Tyrande. I always found weird that Maiev seemed to forgive Tyrande so easily...

"Exiled" is the key word here, must have done something un-Highborne to get punishment.

Level 15
Sorry for being negative but I must add that Watchers are female-only group. Also, not a big fan of that Maiev model. Her Blizzard model is already perfect, I see no point in changing it.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Maiev's original Model looks pretty neat, This one's portrait looks a bit off to me.
Letting this one detail slide, I'm always interested in seeing Night elf campaigns.
I hope this comes off as one of the better ones we have in WC3.

Looking forward to the beta version.

Good luck !

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Sorry for being negative but I must add that Watchers are female-only group. Also, not a big fan of that Maiev model. Her Blizzard model is already perfect, I see no point in changing it.

They are currently led by Miev's brother. So yeah.

On topic, terrain seems promising by campaign standards.
And story is vague but has potential.
So I'll keep an eye on it.

Level 15
Show me at least one more male Watcher. And he was their leader just briefly, for the time when Maiev was captured...

Show me at least one more male Watcher. And he was their leader just briefly, for the time when Maiev was captured...

Watchers are not an only female group MogulKahn, it's just that majority of the Night elf males are Druids or something like that, but male Night elf can be Watchers, yes, like Jarod Shadownsong, what shown LISBOAH. But others are not listed in Watchers list in the Wowpedia page. I've already seen NPC male Watchers in WoW.

Level 29
I think the wiki states that the original watchers were picked from the priestesses of elune. I suppose that could mean none of the original watchers were male.

That might be the case, but this occurs after ten thousand years, so they could have recruited males in the meantime.

Level 15
I have researched a bit, and I stand corrected, there are actually male Watchers. But, to be honest, I think it was more of a Blizzard's overlook than anything else. Since Warcraft 3 it always felt that they are female only organisation. For me it doesn't make sense to use "sisters" as a way of referring to your partners, warriors, whatever they are, if there are males present in there. But, it is what it is...

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I have researched a bit, and I stand corrected, there are actually male Watchers. But, to be honest, I think it was more of a Blizzard's overlook than anything else. Since Warcraft 3 it always felt that they are female only organisation. For me it doesn't make sense to use "sisters" as a way of referring to your partners, warriors, whatever they are, if there are males present in there. But, it is what it is...

Yep, the watchers have originally been a female-only group, but there were male members who made their way in somehow I'm not sure about the lore though, So, it could have been Blizzard overlooking like you said.

Level 8
Beta Public !
Now, are you ready to fight for Justice ?
He murdered our sisters, he murdered innocent villagers, he gave himself to the demonic corruption !
It's our duty to keep him caged for eternity, and for ten thousand years we ''Succeeded'' in our duty.
Until this Grand Priestess of the Moon broke into our Barrow Prison, and killed her own kin !
We shall not stand like this, we shall have Vengeance.

Chapter 1 :
[Loading Screen]
fown -> down
[Naisha]
Moon Strength learn icon is at third position, but at second position when usable
[Archer]
One of the archer has higher starting mana than the rest
Mathematically, the poison arrow is somewhat more beneficial
[Shaldrin Moonblade]
Is he allowed to get killed or what?
There's an issue with Engineer Repair tooltip and icon
His ultimate has tooltip missing issue
He also gets Level 1 when you meet him
[Quest]
The second main quest doesn't show up at all till I won

Nicely executed though :)

Level 3
I played the Beta. A bit disappointed it's a retelling of "Terror of the Tides" but here is my thoughts.

- NE buildings should be invulnerable.

- Put some of those items inside enemy's neutral buildings as a little secret. Like the Wildkin building which i shouldn't have to destroy. Can dramatically improve gameplay that way.

- Shaldrin Moonblade's 2 and 4th spells are unfinished.

- How many chapters are planned? Because 4 heroes in first mission is overwhelming and overcrowded. From both gameplay and balance perspective. Even storytelling.

- "druids lef by" and "fown" in Loading screen.

- Serena's dialogue has excessive amount of "..." "?! and "!", she says "He asked us to repay You" with You in capital. Is she an angsty teenager?

- 2nd quest is bugged. https://i.imgur.com/zSFcJqi.jpg . Undiscovered until the very end.

- Unless Hard Diffuclty is planned in future reduce the number of Dispels, Heals and Moon Wells. It's easy enough without those. Moon priestess is OP as hell and i have 3! Gameplay needs serious polishing overall.

- Well done with the voice-acting. Perhaps you could have done custom voice for Maiev too, that way you don't need follow Blizzard campaign's story in every step.

- Naisha has interesting spells, intellect hero with on-hit abilities that summons minions? Pretty cool i'd say.

Last edited:
Level 2
The campaign was a tad bit easy in reflection to the actual Terror* of the Tides; but it holds a ton of potential if it becomes a finished product instead of another forever beta thing.
As with most of the bugs mentioned above however I feel it's a long way from achieving the goal of being another 'enhanced' War3 campaign. Best of luck!

Level 6
I played the Beta. A bit disappointed it's a retelling of "Terror of the Tides" but here is my thoughts.

- NE buildings should be invulnerable.

- Put some of those items inside enemy's neutral buildings as a little secret. Like the Wildkin building which i shouldn't have to destroy. Can dramatically improve gameplay that way.

- Shaldrin Moonblade's 2 and 4th spells are unfinished.

- How many chapters are planned? Because 4 heroes in first mission is overwhelming and overcrowded. From both gameplay and balance perspective. Even storytelling.

- "druids lef by" and "fown" in Loading screen.

- Serena's dialogue has excessive amount of "..." "?! and "!", she says "He asked us to repay You" with You in capital. Is she an angsty teenager?

- 2nd quest is bugged. https://i.imgur.com/zSFcJqi.jpg . Undiscovered until the very end.

- Unless Hard Diffuclty is planned in future reduce the number of Dispels, Heals and Moon Wells. It's easy enough without those. Moon priestess is OP as hell and i have 3! Gameplay needs serious polishing overall.

- Well done with the voice-acting. Perhaps you could have done custom voice for Maiev too, that way you don't need follow Blizzard campaign's story in every step.

- Naisha has interesting spells, intellect hero with on-hit abilities that summons minions? Pretty cool i'd say.

Damm you guys are really need to chill out about gameplay and the overcrowed
i'm fine with the 3 priestess and the 3 heroes as well

i'm okay with hard mode there is no moon to even the odds

ummm i think the normal blizzard voice acting for Maiev is actual fine for me

i'm guessing Serana is a bit angsty

I agree those buildings are needing to be invulnerable at some point

I like to said it again there is noting wrong with 4 heroes in the start of a game
if you play the custom campaign map by Turno and you have somewhat 4 heroes from the futher stages do you think is a bit overwhleming for you? i don't think so
i think is meant for you to multi tasking of using 4 heroes

Level 3
Of course i would be fine with 4 heroes in later stages in campaign. It's called progress and pacing. If i don't care about story and gameplay what else i would i care about in campaign?
Also i never said anything is wrong with Maiev's Blizzard voice. It's amazing. I am just afraid it maybe stricting author's creativity as he/she needs to use Blizzard voice all the time. I could be wrong of course.

Level 6
Of course i would be fine with 4 heroes in later stages in campaign. It's called progress and pacing. If i don't care about story and gameplay what else i would i care about in campaign?
Also i never said anything is wrong with Maiev's Blizzard voice. It's amazing. I am just afraid it maybe stricting author's creativity as he/she needs to use Blizzard voice all the time. I could be wrong of course.

i know pal like all games and level do that around 99 or 98%
but this 4 heores in the beginning it was a breakthrough for me
multi tasking in the beginning it was worth it if you use it correctly

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

This needs some serious polishing, yet the beta was better than I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.