1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 13th Music Contest Poll has begun! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Extended Lightning v1.0

Submitted by -Berz-
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Extended Lightning

[​IMG] Calls down a powerful lightning that damages enemy units in AoE 275 for 90/180/270 damage.
As lightning hits the ground it starts to seek down 2/4/6 targets and hits them with chain lightning, dealing 25/35/45 damage.
Lightning jumps 3/4/5 times.
All enemy units in AoE 500 gets blinded by the lightning;
slowed attack and movement speed by 25/35/45%.
Lasts 3/4/5 seconds.

Trigger
  • Extended Lightning
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Extended Lightning
    • Actions
      • -------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------
      • -------- Getting the spell constants --------
      • -------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------
      • Set EL_Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set EL_Owner = (Owner of EL_Caster)
      • Set EL_Targeted_Location = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set EL_Ability_Level = (Level of (Ability being cast) for EL_Caster)
      • -------- Setting the spell values --------
      • Set EL_Dummy_Ability_Ligtning = Extended Lightning(dummy_chain)
      • Set EL_Dummy_Ability_Clap = Extended Lightning(dummy_blinded)
      • Set EL_Base_Number_of_Ligtnings = 2
      • Set EL_Total_Number_of_Ligtnings = (EL_Base_Number_of_Ligtnings x EL_Ability_Level)
      • Set EL_Seek_Area_of_Effect = 500.00
      • Set EL_Damage_Area_of_Effect = 275.00
      • Set EL_Base_Damage = 90.00
      • Set EL_Total_Damage = (EL_Base_Damage x (Real(EL_Ability_Level)))
      • Set EL_Damage_Group = (Units within EL_Damage_Area_of_Effect of EL_Targeted_Location matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of EL_Owner) Equal to True)))
      • -------- Creating, setting and oredring dummy to cast a spell --------
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for EL_Owner at EL_Targeted_Location facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add EL_Dummy_Ability_Clap to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of EL_Dummy_Ability_Clap for (Last created unit) to EL_Ability_Level
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
      • -------- Creating nice special effects --------
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at EL_Targeted_Location using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at EL_Targeted_Location using Abilities\Spells\Other\Charm\CharmTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at EL_Targeted_Location using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Taunt\TauntCaster.mdl
      • -------- Damaging the units from unit group and creating nice special effects --------
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in EL_Damage_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause EL_Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing EL_Total_Damage damage of attack type Spells and damage type Unknown
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\Bolt\BoltImpact.mdl
      • -------- Clearing leaks --------
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_EL_Damage_Group)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to EL_Total_Number_of_Ligtnings, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • -------- Setting the locations inside the loop --------
          • Set EL_Loop_Location = (EL_Targeted_Location offset by 5.00 towards (360.00 / (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
          • -------- Creating nice special effects --------
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at EL_Loop_Location using Abilities\Spells\Other\Monsoon\MonsoonBoltTarget.mdl
          • -------- Setting the unit group and the wanted unit --------
          • Set EL_Seek_Group = (Units within EL_Seek_Area_of_Effect of EL_Targeted_Location matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of EL_Owner) Equal to True)))
          • Set EL_Seek_Unit = (Random unit from EL_Seek_Group)
          • -------- Creating, setting and oredring dummy to cast a spell --------
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for EL_Owner at EL_Loop_Location facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add EL_Dummy_Ability_Ligtning to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of EL_Dummy_Ability_Ligtning for (Last created unit) to EL_Ability_Level
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning EL_Seek_Unit
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_EL_Seek_Group)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_EL_Loop_Location)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_EL_Targeted_Location)

Another spell :D

As far as I see the spell is MUI and leakless.

If you have time, comment and rate.

Special thanks to all that helped me in anyway!

Keywords:
lightning, chain, aoe, blind, blinded, clap, thunder, storm, sky, target
Contents

Extended Lightning (Map)

Reviews
14:05, 3rd Apr 2009 Eccho: A very great spell. The idea was pretty original, and the coding is well done. The documentation is good too. The same with the effects, it really fits the spell;) Overall a very good job, but it is still not very...
  1. 14:05, 3rd Apr 2009
    Eccho:

A very great spell. The idea was pretty original, and the coding is well done. The documentation is good too. The same with the effects, it really fits the spell;)

Overall a very good job, but it is still not very complex. The tooltip, in my opinion could be smaller
    (I also preferr the standard look of spells:
    <description>
    <Level 1:>
    <Level x:>
    but that is just me, so its minor:p)

I am gladly recommending this spell.

2. calex3

calex3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    hey berzeker can you see this file plss nad can you tell me is it MUI...And that yours spell is nice(too good ) and is it MUI if it is i finaly understand how is MUI made.....you are perfect as allways +rep

Attached Files:

3. -Berz-

-Berz-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Off-topic*
    I guess it is MUI, because its instant cast spell :D

Oh, and thanks for the first comment calex ^^

4. Rmx

Rmx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Review

Idea/Creativity : 9/10
    Trigering/Scripting : 10/10
    Balance : 9/10
    Description/Originality : 9/10
    Efficiency : 10/10
    User Friendly : 10/10

Is Multi Instanceable : [YES !!!]

Final Rating : 57

Rating System
    0 - 15 = SHIT
    16 - 25 = Unacceptable
    26 - 35 = Lacking
    36 - 45 = Useful
    46 - 55 = Recommended - Highly Recommended
    56 - 60 = EPIC *Highly Recommended *

My View of the spell.
    Great spell one of the best spells u did +REP OFC

How to improve : None just make more complicated MUI Spells plz

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  5. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    wow amazing work out ther BZK!

spell is very usefull and well looking as always from u.

My Rating:
    Coding: 9.7/10 -> well there is that bug that can happen with caster but i will ignore that
    MUI: true +1 -> Spell is castable any amount of times at same time
    GUI: true +1 -> Spell is GUI which means anyone can use it easy no jass knowlage needed
    Leakless: true -> Spell does not leak (all leaks that GUI can fix are fixed) other then nulling globals but that is not so much important as leak gets away with next cast
    Usefull: 10/10 -> In my option spell can be used in many maps idea is great
    Documentation: 10/10 -> Any noob can install this spell in his map with a little knowlage of english
    Edit Difficulty: 10/10 -> spell is fully editable just the way its supposed to be for this you get +5 extra points as many spells jass and GUI are not done so simple as you did
    Performances: 10/10 -> Spells performances rock its fast meaning anyone can use it without having to worry about lagg
    Effects: 10/10 -> I really think you used most best effects and it looks so good without any lagg
    Readable: 10/10 -> The code is beautifull you used really some nice comments out there and divide parts of code just as they are supposed to be sooooo gj
    Custom Script Objects: 10/10 This spell uses only one trigger meaning jass allocated memory objects through c++ code is taking as less memory as possible increasing your map's performances as well as map startup.

All in all this is GUI pawnage spell and i can recommend it for anyone who needs lightning spell in his/her map.

Great job again 5/5 and have a nice day!
    I am out now :)
    ~Dark Dragon

6. -Berz-

-Berz-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Rmx, thanks for the comment =)

Meh, i don't bother with that advanced stuff...because i like spells to be simple :p

Edit:

Dark_Dragon, stop it, you're spoiling me :D

/me :shy:

7. Rmx

Rmx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well Berz i edited my last post chek it there is a review ;)

8. Squiggy

Squiggy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Review

General
    Well well, The first impression of mine was cool as I casted it.
    Quite a good combination of effects but (just as an advice), edit the charm effects to a dummy and make it bigger - otherwise it's nice.
    Walking to enemy units, I tried out the chainlightning - worked fine on all three levels.
    Simply made but well done.
    The tooltip looks also good and the effect's description is precise (maybe add the values just for the sake of it)

Triggering
    Loads of variables o_O
    Almost every line features a comment on it, as well as a handy readme.
    As far as I can see, it's got no leaks and since it's instantly, the spell's also mui - but I'd also like to mention that you can stay awar from setting a variable by just using (Triggering Unit) instead of the variable.
    That's it.

Rating
    General: 3.5/5
    Triggering: 4/5
    --
    Total: 4/5

9. -Berz-

-Berz-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Oh, Squig, thanks for that comment =)

I was thinking of making that dummy as a charm model to, but i guess it would be to flashy.

About that triggering unit in variable, its better, because you don't need to search and scroll for that line, just poof click and its done :D

10. Dynasti

Dynasti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Spell Evaluation

Evaluation
    Info
    This review was done by Dynasti.
    If you got a question about this review then please leave me a visitor message
    [​IMG]

Rating
    This review is based on points, where 1 is the lowest and 5 the highest

Subject Points Comment
    [​IMG] Triggering/Scripting [​IMG]
    Well done I must say, but it could have been more to it than an instant cast. Not saying that it is anything wrong with that, but it could have been more advanced.

The triggering is flawless, not a singe leak. Good job
    [​IMG] Visual Effects [​IMG]
    Nice effects, some of them are old and not that creative but it looks damn nice! ;)
    [​IMG] Documentation [​IMG]
    Extremly good documentation here. You are just getting better and better each time. Keep on the good job ;)
    [​IMG] Idea [​IMG]
    Well the idea of an electric explosion with chain lightning spell is really old, but what the heck, this spell is executes very well!

Maximum Points Your Points Rating
    Recommended
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Viewer's Note
    Nice spell you got the -BerZekeR- , Leakless, flawless but it could have been more advanced.
    Well good job anyways ;)

+Rep and thumbs up for approval

!
    Well everyone was doing a review so I had to do my own. Mwohahahaha *cough! cough!*

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  11. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Great spell -BerZeKeR-!
    I didn't see it due to the high amount of uploaded spell so i am sorry for not replying so soon...
    Simple spell is simple, yet great^^
    EDIT:
    Looked at it now, it's great, useable and fun to spam.
    Gets a 5/5 from me.

12. -Berz-

-Berz-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Uh, oh... :D

Thanks all, for such positive comments :D

Off-topic*

Calex, really next time make a thread about your questions or PM someone ^^

And it won't leak both ways you showed will work, without leaking, but i like the second way better since its easier to look at the triggering.

Edit:

Yay, approved, thanks Eccho for your review and approval :D

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  13. lovelyangel

lovelyangel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you for this spell. I learned many from this. ^^

But what does a leak do to the map? I'm a bit new to this things. Gome ne~ ^^

14. -Berz-

-Berz-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @lovelyangel, uh I'm glad someone found it useful 8')

Leaks are evil...well the best way to tell you they can crash your map.

So in a bit longer way, they are un-destroyed memory created by game, so more leaks you have more space they take and that space is limited, its like a balloon more air you breath in bigger it gets and eventually it will explode ^^

15. lovelyangel

lovelyangel

Resources:
    Resources:
    My my that was a deep explanation with the balloon. But it all makes sense. ^^
    Thanks you very much! I didn't know my map was leaking so hard. I'm glad I saw this info. ^^

Thanks again. I'm happy to see a friendly brother. ^^

16. COMBO

COMBO

Resources:
    Resources:
    great spell ;D keep it up

17. TheHunterKiller

TheHunterKiller

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome. Your spells are really great, this is just what i needed.