• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Extended Lightning v1.0

Extended Lightning

images
Calls down a powerful lightning that damages enemy units in AoE 275 for 90/180/270 damage.
As lightning hits the ground it starts to seek down 2/4/6 targets and hits them with chain lightning, dealing 25/35/45 damage.
Lightning jumps 3/4/5 times.
All enemy units in AoE 500 gets blinded by the lightning;
slowed attack and movement speed by 25/35/45%.
Lasts 3/4/5 seconds.

• Extended Lightning
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Extended Lightning
    • Actions
      • -------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------
      • -------- Getting the spell constants --------
      • -------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------
      • Set EL_Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set EL_Owner = (Owner of EL_Caster)
      • Set EL_Targeted_Location = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set EL_Ability_Level = (Level of (Ability being cast) for EL_Caster)
      • -------- Setting the spell values --------
      • Set EL_Dummy_Ability_Ligtning = Extended Lightning(dummy_chain)
      • Set EL_Dummy_Ability_Clap = Extended Lightning(dummy_blinded)
      • Set EL_Base_Number_of_Ligtnings = 2
      • Set EL_Total_Number_of_Ligtnings = (EL_Base_Number_of_Ligtnings x EL_Ability_Level)
      • Set EL_Seek_Area_of_Effect = 500.00
      • Set EL_Damage_Area_of_Effect = 275.00
      • Set EL_Base_Damage = 90.00
      • Set EL_Total_Damage = (EL_Base_Damage x (Real(EL_Ability_Level)))
      • Set EL_Damage_Group = (Units within EL_Damage_Area_of_Effect of EL_Targeted_Location matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of EL_Owner) Equal to True)))
      • -------- Creating, setting and oredring dummy to cast a spell --------
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for EL_Owner at EL_Targeted_Location facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add EL_Dummy_Ability_Clap to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of EL_Dummy_Ability_Clap for (Last created unit) to EL_Ability_Level
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
      • -------- Creating nice special effects --------
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at EL_Targeted_Location using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at EL_Targeted_Location using Abilities\Spells\Other\Charm\CharmTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at EL_Targeted_Location using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Taunt\TauntCaster.mdl
      • -------- Damaging the units from unit group and creating nice special effects --------
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in EL_Damage_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause EL_Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing EL_Total_Damage damage of attack type Spells and damage type Unknown
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\Bolt\BoltImpact.mdl
      • -------- Clearing leaks --------
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_EL_Damage_Group)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to EL_Total_Number_of_Ligtnings, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • -------- Setting the locations inside the loop --------
          • Set EL_Loop_Location = (EL_Targeted_Location offset by 5.00 towards (360.00 / (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
          • -------- Creating nice special effects --------
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at EL_Loop_Location using Abilities\Spells\Other\Monsoon\MonsoonBoltTarget.mdl
          • -------- Setting the unit group and the wanted unit --------
          • Set EL_Seek_Group = (Units within EL_Seek_Area_of_Effect of EL_Targeted_Location matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of EL_Owner) Equal to True)))
          • Set EL_Seek_Unit = (Random unit from EL_Seek_Group)
          • -------- Creating, setting and oredring dummy to cast a spell --------
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for EL_Owner at EL_Loop_Location facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add EL_Dummy_Ability_Ligtning to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of EL_Dummy_Ability_Ligtning for (Last created unit) to EL_Ability_Level
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning EL_Seek_Unit
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_EL_Seek_Group)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_EL_Loop_Location)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_EL_Targeted_Location)
Another spell :D

As far as I see the spell is MUI and leakless.

If you have time, comment and rate.

Special thanks to all that helped me in anyway!

Keywords:
lightning, chain, aoe, blind, blinded, clap, thunder, storm, sky, target
Contents

Extended Lightning (Map)

Reviews
14:05, 3rd Apr 2009 Eccho: A very great spell. The idea was pretty original, and the coding is well done. The documentation is good too. The same with the effects, it really fits the spell;) Overall a very good job, but it is still not very...

M

14:05, 3rd Apr 2009
Eccho:

A very great spell. The idea was pretty original, and the coding is well done. The documentation is good too. The same with the effects, it really fits the spell;)

Overall a very good job, but it is still not very complex. The tooltip, in my opinion could be smaller
(I also preferr the standard look of spells:
<description>
<Level 1:>
<Level x:>
but that is just me, so its minor:p)

I am gladly recommending this spell.

Level 17
hey berzeker can you see this file plss nad can you tell me is it MUI...And that yours spell is nice(too good ) and is it MUI if it is i finaly understand how is MUI made.....you are perfect as allways +rep

Attachments

• is it MUI.w3x
    22.3 KB · Views: 156

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Review

Idea/Creativity : 9/10
Trigering/Scripting : 10/10
Balance : 9/10
Description/Originality : 9/10
Efficiency : 10/10
User Friendly : 10/10

Is Multi Instanceable : [YES !!!]

Final Rating : 57

Rating System
0 - 15 = SHIT
16 - 25 = Unacceptable
26 - 35 = Lacking
36 - 45 = Useful
46 - 55 = Recommended - Highly Recommended
56 - 60 = EPIC *Highly Recommended *

My View of the spell.
Great spell one of the best spells u did +REP OFC

How to improve : None just make more complicated MUI Spells plz

Last edited:
Level 15
wow amazing work out ther BZK!

spell is very usefull and well looking as always from u.

My Rating:
Coding: 9.7/10 -> well there is that bug that can happen with caster but i will ignore that
MUI: true +1 -> Spell is castable any amount of times at same time
GUI: true +1 -> Spell is GUI which means anyone can use it easy no jass knowlage needed
Leakless: true -> Spell does not leak (all leaks that GUI can fix are fixed) other then nulling globals but that is not so much important as leak gets away with next cast
Usefull: 10/10 -> In my option spell can be used in many maps idea is great
Documentation: 10/10 -> Any noob can install this spell in his map with a little knowlage of english
Edit Difficulty: 10/10 -> spell is fully editable just the way its supposed to be for this you get +5 extra points as many spells jass and GUI are not done so simple as you did
Performances: 10/10 -> Spells performances rock its fast meaning anyone can use it without having to worry about lagg
Effects: 10/10 -> I really think you used most best effects and it looks so good without any lagg
Readable: 10/10 -> The code is beautifull you used really some nice comments out there and divide parts of code just as they are supposed to be sooooo gj
Custom Script Objects: 10/10 This spell uses only one trigger meaning jass allocated memory objects through c++ code is taking as less memory as possible increasing your map's performances as well as map startup.

All in all this is GUI pawnage spell and i can recommend it for anyone who needs lightning spell in his/her map.

Great job again 5/5 and have a nice day!
I am out now :)
~Dark Dragon

Level 28
Review

General
Well well, The first impression of mine was cool as I casted it.
Quite a good combination of effects but (just as an advice), edit the charm effects to a dummy and make it bigger - otherwise it's nice.
Walking to enemy units, I tried out the chainlightning - worked fine on all three levels.
Simply made but well done.
The tooltip looks also good and the effect's description is precise (maybe add the values just for the sake of it)
Triggering
Loads of variables o_O
Almost every line features a comment on it, as well as a handy readme.
As far as I can see, it's got no leaks and since it's instantly, the spell's also mui - but I'd also like to mention that you can stay awar from setting a variable by just using (Triggering Unit) instead of the variable.
That's it.
Rating
General: 3.5/5
Triggering: 4/5
--
Total: 4/5

Level 18
Spell Evaluation

Evaluation
Info
This review was done by Dynasti.
If you got a question about this review then please leave me a visitor message

Rating
This review is based on points, where 1 is the lowest and 5 the highest

SubjectPointsComment
AI-TRIG.png
Triggering/Scripting
51018d1238518472t-challenge-section-spell-evaluation-bar-4.png
Well done I must say, but it could have been more to it than an instant cast. Not saying that it is anything wrong with that, but it could have been more advanced.

The triggering is flawless, not a singe leak. Good job
ani.gif
Visual Effects
51017d1238518472t-challenge-section-spell-evaluation-bar-3.png
Nice effects, some of them are old and not that creative but it looks damn nice! ;)
comment.gif
Documentation
51019d1238518476t-challenge-section-spell-evaluation-bar-5.png
Extremly good documentation here. You are just getting better and better each time. Keep on the good job ;)
Idea.gif
Idea
51016d1238518472t-challenge-section-spell-evaluation-bar-2.png
Well the idea of an electric explosion with chain lightning spell is really old, but what the heck, this spell is executes very well!

Maximum PointsYour PointsRating
Recommended
rating_p.gif
rating_p.gif
rating_p.gif
rating_p.gif
rating_none.gif

Viewer's Note
Nice spell you got the -BerZekeR- , Leakless, flawless but it could have been more advanced.
Well good job anyways ;)

+Rep and thumbs up for approval
Well everyone was doing a review so I had to do my own. Mwohahahaha *cough! cough!*

Last edited:
Level 37
Uh, oh... :D

Thanks all, for such positive comments :D

Off-topic*

Calex, really next time make a thread about your questions or PM someone ^^

And it won't leak both ways you showed will work, without leaking, but i like the second way better since its easier to look at the triggering.

Edit:

Yay, approved, thanks Eccho for your review and approval :D

Last edited:
Level 37
@lovelyangel, uh I'm glad someone found it useful 8')

Leaks are evil...well the best way to tell you they can crash your map.

So in a bit longer way, they are un-destroyed memory created by game, so more leaks you have more space they take and that space is limited, its like a balloon more air you breath in bigger it gets and eventually it will explode ^^

Level 4
My my that was a deep explanation with the balloon. But it all makes sense. ^^
Thanks you very much! I didn't know my map was leaking so hard. I'm glad I saw this info. ^^

Thanks again. I'm happy to see a friendly brother. ^^