• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exporting codes to trigger editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Greetings, guys! I am now developing a wc3 tool that needs to export codes to the trigger editor of the world editor.
This functionality is similar/same with that the JassCraft has, but zoxc has gone. So I appreciate that anyone can give me some technical help or guidance. I use c/c++. Thanks very much.

Edit: What I mean is if the trigger editor of world editor is under open, exporting jass codes (not trigger data) to the trigger editor as converted text of a new trigger by one button click.

无标题.png

Last edited:
I never really worked with it, and others for sure have better experience with it. But I imagine you can manipulate specific files from the map. But it will be a whole more work than one maybe expects. I probably could not do it, at least not without a longer time to get introduced with how things work.

Example for export files, Ladik's MPQ Editor 32bit.
You can use ladik's console commands to export a file:
Code:
MPQEditor.exe /extract MyMap.w3x war3map.j .
^this would export the jass file from MyMap.w3x into current folder, expeting the map is in same folder as the mpq editor.
Also, this was just a simple example. You can get many important info about the mpq archive, and tools here: MPQ Archives - Overview, how to work with it.

The .j file will ne needed for the game, but not for the editor itself. (will be generated on save/compile)
You will definitly need the .wtg file, too, because this is the file which interacts with the trigger editor. (all formats)

The .wtg file is a binary file, which you won't be able to simply change via text editor. You will need learning to know the format, and how to adapt wanted changes properly to it. Read @Ralle thread, and also linked threads from it:
^I believe this will be the hardest part on the road.

EDIT:

Actually, you might maybe need to get used to CASC storage, depending on patch. But the .wtg topic remains same.

Last edited:
Level 7
@IcemanBo Thanks for your kind and detailed reply. There is a misunderstanding, since my description is a bit unclear.

What I mean is if the trigger editor of world editor is under open, exporting jass codes (not trigger data) to the trigger editor as converted text of a trigger by one button click.

Status
Not open for further replies.