• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

explosive arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I uploaded a map with what I believe you wanted. It's a fully configurable projectile that will explode upon contact with an enemy. Upon exploding I have a Dummy unit cast Flame Strike in the area creating the "burning oil" damage over time effect.

The triggers will be confusing to newer users but I did the best I could to keep it simple while also being configurable. If this is too much then maybe try searching for a Projectile System that already exists on here and try to use that instead.

I used Dynamic Indexing to make the spell MUI, which means multiple units can cast the spell at the same time without any problems. There's a link to Dynamic Indexing in my signature. If you want to use this in your map then make sure to Import the Dummy unit, Both Abilities, and the Buff, before importing the triggers. Also make sure to set "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data" in the editor's File/Preferences if you haven't already. Do that before importing the triggers!

Attachments

• Explosive Arrow v.1.w3x
    27.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.