• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Exp per Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi guys from the Hive. Yeap, new guy around.

I know there is a thread about this out there, but not much luck past days.
Anyway, i'll really be glad if someone help me with this:
I need a trigger where the unit (footman, for example) gain abilities after especific number of Hits given (100 hits given=critical hit, 150 hits given=evasion) something customizable for every unit (knight: 120 hits given=critical hit, captain: 130 hits given=inner fire)
I saw a system where, after number of hits taken, armor incresed (20 hits taken= +0.5armor, 40 hits taken= +0.5armor) and same with atacks (35 hits given= +1 damage, 70 hits given= +1 damage, etc...) and If you can give me triggers for that would be aweeesoome. I have very basic knowledge about triggers (not say about JASS, cause sux harder :D) but I'll be glad if somewhat can help me with that :grin: And Yes, im trying to make a map where every unit would be able to be better after fights! you know, like being veterans and that stuff, 'cause after some fights you are not the same as recruits, right? Exp per Hit given and taken, for more defense, more atack, and more Skills with every fight!

Sorry for my english (not first language) and i'll give Rep+ if you tell me how :D i'm newbie around remember? thanks!

Level 31
You know, Bribe's DDS doesn't handle damage as well as another lib out there, but it is the best GUI one.

DDS = register every unit to a damage event. There is no damage event for all units. You can only do 1 damage event per unit.

Naive DDS creates 1 trigger and just registers units to it. This will leak events.
A less naive DDS will recreate the trigger to clean up the events
Another less naive one will do 1 trigger per unit so that events are always cleaned and so that you don't get spiked during a remake of the super huge trigger. This of course bloats memory.

There is one DDS that doesn't do any of the above... it takes an entirely different approach. It uses many triggers like little buckets and throws units into them. It recreates these triggers and so on, but they are all very tiny, so no spikes. Furthermore, this saves on memory as you aren't doing 1 trigger per unit. The units are spread out evenly across all of the triggers. Of course, the DDS I speak of is not in GUI, so a GUI user can't use it : (.

Level 31
There are only two options, one in vjass and one in GUI. The vjass option is better, but you can't use it if you don't know how to code outside of GUI :\.

So you're stuck with Bribe's : ).

edit
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...e-v2-2-1-0-a-201016/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=Bribe

edit
if you know how, these are your absolute best options (put together)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-resources-412/snippet-damageevent-186829/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-resources-412/extension-advanced-damage-event-213572/

edit
and if you wanna go crazy with awesomesauce
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-resources-412/system-damage-modification-effect-213608/

Level 3
There are only two options, one in vjass and one in GUI. The vjass option is better, but you can't use it if you don't know how to code outside of GUI :\.

So you're stuck with Bribe's : ).

edit
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...e-v2-2-1-0-a-201016/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=Bribe

So, i got to learn abot vjass?? damn... haha, I'll spend some time with x) custom stuff its never easy, huh?? i know it alredy exist 'cause saw alredy in a couple of maps... what i really want its to find that, add to my map and modify it with each unit... but i guess i'll be busy learning coding and that stuff haha, tnks guys :) but i'm open to information if you find more stuff, tnks!

Level 31
That's all of the information there is.

You don't need to use vjass to be able to do what that map did. Bribe's DDS will be able to do exactly what that map did np, it just won't run as well as the vjass counterparts.

Furthermore, the vjass counterparts support some really amazing awesome sauce stuff, like Damage Modification Effect. With Damage Modification Effect and a couple of other libs, you can replace the entire wc3 combat system with a custom one. I'm talking changing the attack range of units, adding your own custom damage types, have items deal their own damage and so on. Let's say a unit has 2 weapons equipped and a % chance to hit. Those 2 weapons will each deal their own damage, and as such, each have their own % chance to hit. With standard wc3 combat, you can't do that ; P. In standard wc3, they either both hit or they both miss ; ). Of course, things like thorns aura would damage the attacker 2x as well, 1 for each hit.

Level 3
Damn Nestharus, thats really awesome :D modify the whole structure of combat its a great thing, but to tell you the truth, i got no time for learn how to do that :/ (Wife, Son, Work) and Wc3 its my hobby :) would be awesome become a pro about this but i cant right now :/ Anyway, tkns for all the info :D i give you Rep alredy. I found some threads about the same stuff, but no clear answers (not to me at least) and your systems looks great :D but hardd to get for me xD In the End, I found something usefull for me (not what i looking for, but usefull anyway)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/custom-exp-system-221239/?prev=search=exp&d=list&r=20

but now i dont know how to add abilyties for especific unit-type for each level. Well, if you ask you can reach Rome, right?? alredy ask to Donald but no asnwer yet

Status
Not open for further replies.