• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Bullet Spell System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a system a lot like Elimination Tournament's.
I need players to be able to shoot at a spot. But a spell like shockwave won't work because if they shoot it off a cliff then everything below them gets hit too, not just the target.
Can someone point me to a script that will let me do this?

Also, how would one even go about this?
Would you have a unit be the bullet and track where it goes and then see if it hits anything?
Or do you go with a spell?

Actually I found yours. It is pretty much exactly what I need. I don't want yours exactly because it has all sorts of things that are really unnecessary for my game. And it is very complex. My game won't have any sniping scopes or anything. But the bullet system you use is exactly what I need. However as I have been playing around with my bullets I can't seem to get them to actually fly. I give them crow form and set up their fly height but it doesn't make em go up.

Ah! Caught it.
They were set to buildings.

Now Im having issues with flyheights again...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.