• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Example on how much WoW is addicting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Sounds like any kid wanting to do somthing, and the parnets telling him no because its time for him to stop. more like my younger sister who is sploied. (she never played wow)

Also when he said he finely got a group i was laffing so hard. that's why me and my friends quit. is because by the time we grouped or found a group (pvp server) and got to cave, and then got in the cave (nommaly one of us got killed) and started to go in the cave. just before the first boss someone would disconnected. and it would take forever to get to that point.

Level 7
WoW isn't addicting. Kids with no social life who reside to videogames make it addicting.

I use WoW as ap ast time for when I have nothing mroe entertainn to do. Also level 80 takes like 1 month playtime max.

I'm also amazed that a site dedicated to a BLIZZARD game freely steal from BLIZZARD by playing on private servers. You shouldn't be so easy about telling everyone you play o na private server, all it means is you're a thief and steal from a game company that makes games for your entertainment.

Level 1
Everybody does what he want no matter what.
If you or somebody else think that the best thing they can with their day is being stuck in WoW thats their decision - well forcing somebody to do something he doesn't want usually end badly.

I know guys that have divorced because of WoW.
I also know guys that would turn down a girls Swedish swimming team with transparent bikini just to finish that stupid raid, no matter that he is the 12894128 in line to get a good item after all the Clan leader's friends.

Noticed little kids outside?
Some of them put dirt in and everything they can get their hand on in their mouths others act as if they were grown up.

If you can't grow brains the smart way, WoW may make you grow it the painful way.

I don't mind the people having REAL FUN at it.
The real idiocy is when somebody is mostly getting frustration and stress out of WoW but doensn't get a brake for even 5 mins to cool down.

The game is stupid any way. The main thing that would make players happy is barely there. Speed, Solo and Peak.

Everybody loves games where he can kill 100 beasts in a heartbeat.
Reaching wealth in WoW is abstructed in solo. You need to have a clan or organized friends. In today's poor mental condition of society more problems are being created than solved by large groups of people. Look outside the climate keeps deviating from polution, not because we don't have the technology or manpower to change it. And thirdly PEAK. WoW players are forced to grind items for AGES. And once they do spend a good chunk of the year to get them a new patch comes out turning their Anihilator Gear into scrap, so the majority of players is never allowed to enjoy the maximum potential of their char. The PVP system was pathetic when the game came out. Now its patched up so it doesn't stink so badly. Compare the fights to Ultima Online. Or the peak to NWN - Where spending all that time for a peak Makes you a BOSS and 300 people come raiding you for the experience, you rise your Arch Lich hand do a spell and 50 players in real time die just like that(snaps fingers), you cast flesh to stone and he is petrified for ever unless a priest goes dispels him. Now thats an experience worth the time. Not a pretty graphics game with barely enough real options.

Level 21
I don't know anyone addicted to wow.

I've played 14 day trial of WoW, got 2 guys to level 20 (warlock = easy mode, got him to 20 in 2 hours), and I didn't buy the game.

Conclusion: I don't understand how people get addicted...

Everybody loves games where he can kill 100 beasts in a heartbeat.
I don't... Warlock is easy mode, you literally don't have to do anything and watch your 'lock level up. What's the point in playing easy-mode games?

@ OP: that video is so fake. It's like the leeroy video, fake as well.

Level 34
PvP sucks right now. They need to beef people up, or lower the damage. Not sure if the latest patch did that though.

Level 17

I've played 14 day trial of WoW, got 2 guys to level 20 (warlock = easy mode, got him to 20 in 2 hours), and I didn't buy the game.

I don't... Warlock is easy mode, you literally don't have to do anything and watch your 'lock level up. What's the point in playing easy-mode games?

Warlocks are one of the hardest class to DPS with on 80. If they can handle the rotation, they surely can reach 4k in crap gear.

I have seen it.

Level 1

Just because you can kill 100 beats in a flash doesn't mean that the first alley cat in the next dungeon won't split your skill.
And if you are waiting for AI to truly challenge you. The only thing that can provide that is a advanced and FUN pvp system, and WOW is sure as hell light years from there. The reason i never started that stupid game is when i saw my friends at the first days. They killed someone and guess what - NOTHING HAPPENED. The guy respawned came back and killed him, and the cycle repeated without end WITH NOTHING ELSE HAPPENING.
The only worth of WoW is that enough fools play it so you can make real $ out of it.

Level 21
Warlocks are one of the hardest class to DPS with on 80. If they can handle the rotation, they surely can reach 4k in crap gear.

I have seen it.

Well, I did say I only played to level 20. But those 20 levels were boringly easy to get. And fact is that the trial is supposed to show you as much of the game as possible. So what I saw wasn't that impressive. Without doubt one of the coolest traditional mmorpg's I've seen, but nevertheless still a traditional mmorpg...

Status
Not open for further replies.