1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Example on how much WoW is addicting

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by punwisp, Jun 22, 2008.

1. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I really feel so bad for his parents. They sound like they're doing all they can, and they're being so reasonable about it, and this kid is just shitting all over them in response.

2. WhiteNerd

WhiteNerd

Resources:
    Resources:
    LOL, I used to be addicted to WoW too, spent literally a whole month in this schedule
    Started out on my couch, with my comp on a table, so i can access it while on the couch. I slept on the couch and only moved to get food like once a day. Went to bed at 3-4 AM, then repeated, waking up at about 12. That was my life as a WoW addict. But now it gets soo boring while playing alone, this new 3x xp with a friend thing though, that helps me get thru alot of shit. ^.^ Playing with friends in WoW = ftw
    Playing solo in wow = boring shit.

3. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    True
    I think that the kid will really thank his parents when he is older @_@ (At least he should)

4. Wolf.

Wolf.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Apparently living in Azeroth is more dangerous to your life than living in the ghetto.

5. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes. Living in the ghetto will at least teach you how to survive.

6. Wolf.

Wolf.

Resources:
    Resources:
    I once met someone who said they learned social skills from WoW. But he was retarded, because he was 13 and all he talked about is getting laid, getting drunk and having a better sex life than me. Which makes absolutely no sense.

7. penguinperson

penguinperson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow that kid must have been like....10?

8. DrunkenPanda200

DrunkenPanda200

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't seriously understand how people get adicted to wow. I played the 10-day trial and I sometimes play on a private server but I've never become addicted. It's a fun game but it's so BORING to play for several hours in a row.

9. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Tell that to the 10 million people and counting pissing their lives away.

10. Mr.100

Mr.100

Resources:
    Resources:
    Heh I play WoW Too but im not that addicted, is getting pretty boring now im just waiting for Wotlk kinda.

11. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im addicted to gaming in general anyways, if i would be banned from WoW by my parents then i would just move on to the next addicting game. So stop crying they're enough addictions out there.

But i must admit WoW is the most addicting one. But you have to pay for Retail and well.. im playing on private and i think id never switch to retail because you have to pay for the main reason but also retail has countless things to do and everything goes fucking slow. Private servers are higher paced but still fun (At least the one i am on a blizzlike one) and not too addictive...

It's indeed stupid that when you suddenly stop with something you've worked on so long you're parents go nagging you should go trough with it and finish it and when you've had a good BT raid and are at illidan they say you have to stop ^^.

Irony.. I seriously once thought that when they would do this shit to me i would just delete something my dad worked on quite long and see how he would feel.. but nothing that has to do with his work because otherwise he wouldn't get money I can spend (rofl)

12. Kwaliti

Kwaliti

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Move it to your pr0n folder and two days later restore it?

Anyway, I'm not really addicted. When I need a break, I leave my account frozen for a few months, then when something cool is about to come up, I resubscribe and drain the new content as much as possible.

As for the video...

All people who are life-threateningly addicted are antisocial retards. Normal addiction is okay, but this is just silly. Crying over a game is just plain retarded.

13. BlackArmsShadow

BlackArmsShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have an example. I read a while back that some Korean kid died from playing the game too long - he didn't eat, sleep or drink for a week.

14. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:

Rofl, a game is a game, deleting your dads crap is just making you look stupid, they dont want to to play because you can do better things then spend your time playing games, and deleting something important off a comp of your parents because you couldnt finish a raid.. that just makes you a selfish bastard.. its just a game.. And Private servers won't last forever, there already not as good as the real one.. And slow? What are you talking about? It depends on your internet connection and how full the server is.

And please don;t compare Private servers to the real WoW and say its not addicting.., seeing how you aren't even playing the real one.

Also in a previous thread most servers are either going to be shut down or sued by blizz, of course if they keep very low and change things around they might be able to avoid blizzard for a while. but eventually there will be no more private servers. If you can't pay don't play, don't cheat by playing on fake servers for free, which are buggy, and not the real experience.

15. DrunkenPanda200

DrunkenPanda200

Resources:
    Resources:
    NOOOOOOOOO! No more private servers? I'm doomed! I don't like the "real deal" because:
    1. From lvl 1-70 (now 80) you have to grind for an eternity (which is extremely boring).
    2. It's so bloody expensive.

16. Kwaliti

Kwaliti

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Eternity? I leveled a hunter to 30 in three days, casual play.

17. DrunkenPanda200

DrunkenPanda200

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok maybe it does NOT take a lifetime to lvl. But it is still boring. The boredom I feel just by THINKING about it... well... it just can't be described with our limited vocabulary. I don't know why, but I just need to think about grinding in WoW to become bored :p

18. Huurka

Huurka

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, are you complaining about grinding in WoW? Waheyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like this first time I have ever read this!!
    ALL (note: ALL) games like World of Warcraft have some sort of grinding in it, and I can tell you, WoW has little grinding compared to many other games.

19. DrunkenPanda200

DrunkenPanda200

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, then maybe I just can't stand games with long-time grinding. In Oblivion and Fallout 3 for example you get lvls much faster :p. Yes, yes, YES, I know that in online games it is supposed to take long to get lvls.

20. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    um expensive? um no 15 bucks a month isn't, get a job and its cheap as hell... Hell i don't even have a job and I'm paying for it on my own lol.

Considering how much you get 15 bucks is cheap.., Grinding? if you mean just killing then no, questing makes it extremely fast