• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exactly how do I use custom skins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Okay, looked at t he tutorials, and they have relevance to the question i'm asking, but I tried about all of them and still can't figure it out...
Exactly how do I use custom skins in wc3 roc?
Say I want to use...(Example) Sub Zero skin on a demon hunter. How do I go about doing that? I have wc3 viewer and file converter...

Ah the Warcraft III RoC, where it lacks it's own Import Manager.

Use one of the MPQ editing tools in the Hive's tool section where you use this kind of tool to open the map and import the desired skin and give it the correct path and save (though I think you should backup your map for safety purpose).

Though I would suggest you to get your hands on The Frozen Throne expansion (it doesn't cost much nowadays), since it has an improved World Editor with more features.

Status
Not open for further replies.