• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do i create my own skins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have Some questions about skinning. How do i create my own skins? How do i know if they're gonna wrap correctly?I mean is there some template or something?(and im not talking about editing skins im talking about starting from scratch.... And 1 more thing. How do i know what path im supossed to use for my skin?:confused:

Level 12
Dionesiist I deleted your post since it was pure spam, do not do this again.

Well if you just made a model then you have to unwrap it first so it does wrap correctly. Then you save the uvmap as an image and then you can start skinning. You determine which path you use when you export your model to warcraft format. If you want to know more about unwrapping and exporting then I will move this thread to the modeling section, and you can get help there.

Level 6
You can open your model in vertex modifier or this program. In the second one, you go View->UV Editor, then just take a screenshot and paste/resize it into your paint program. If you want to hide some geosets, you can click the little "<o>" button at the top of the main screen.
Vertex modifier is about the same, but you can only look at one geoset at a time.

Level 1
call me dumb, boob, whatever (lol), but i have no idea where to start to make a model, skin or icon... i have tried to convert a command button )Improved Bows) into a passive button, but since i dont know how to use the model editor :p... can somoene give some tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.