• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Evolution (Class)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Greetings,

I think this is the right place to post my question? There is no "Question" Stickpost where I could post otherwise...
Well to the point, at the moment there is quite some trouble concerning the evolving of classes. Do you have a disadvantage if you evolve with a lvl higher than 25 to the next class? Many players stopped playing at lvl 25 because they don't want to miss crucial stat points in the end because they missed evolved lvl ups.

Maybe you guys should create a FAQ to prevent pointless questions like mine which you may have answered already ;)

PS: Example

A: Cleric Lvl 25 > Bishop ... Bishop reaches lvl 50
B: Cleric Lvl 40 > Bishop ... Bishop reaches lvl 50

So does the Bishop in example A have more Int/Str/Agi than the Bishop of example B?

Mfg Eich

Last edited:
Level 2
from thehelper forum
Zwiebelchen said:
Lotyc said:
They say new classes has better attribute bonuses than basic chars(for ex crusader gets 1str and 1sp/lvl while squire gets 1 str/lvl) and so the questions are "will the char lose attribute bonuses if he evovles at higher lvl than 25(or whatever lvl will be needed to evovle)? Is it pointless that some ppl already lvl there chars to 38(for ex me)?
No, don't worry. I fixed that problem. You will not lose attribute points when changing.

Level 3
I heard that the Evolution of the original class will still have all the abilities of the original and +1 new skill.

What's up with that? The point of making evolutions for a class is to branch off into a totally different hero that fits your playstyle. I.E. If you're a squire and plan on being a beserker, I would be very dissapointed with the fact that I would only have about two viable damage abilities, and the others would be totally useless. (Threat handling, etc).

Or are you guys planning on adding more abilities to the evolution classes? I suggest removing the original class' abilities and just provide completely new ones for each evolution.

This in no way is intended to cramp your map, it's just an opinion.

Level 10
I heard that the Evolution of the original class will still have all the abilities of the original and +1 new skill.

What's up with that? The point of making evolutions for a class is to branch off into a totally different hero that fits your playstyle. I.E. If you're a squire and plan on being a beserker, I would be very dissapointed with the fact that I would only have about two viable damage abilities, and the others would be totally useless. (Threat handling, etc).

Or are you guys planning on adding more abilities to the evolution classes? I suggest removing the original class' abilities and just provide completely new ones for each evolution.

This in no way is intended to cramp your map, it's just an opinion.

There will only be +1 new skill for each new class in THIS version. They said that they will constantly keep adding skills, but creating new skills takes a lot of time so seeing more skills than just the one in the next version will take a bit. Eventually, to my understanding, they intend on having lots of new skills and you can unlearn and relearn any skills you wish in the tavern so you can select what type of skills you want. This way you can keep all the DPS skills from squire and unlearn all the threat build ones etc. When the map is completed there will be plenty of options for customization in this regard, but what people fail to realize is that this map is still in ALPHA

Level 5
Well thats right, there is just so much work that we try to speed it a bit up.
We know you guys are waiting patiently, so we try to give you our work even faster ;) you really want that we do for evry hero +5 more spells first? :D DO you also want that we do 2-3 Dungeons more first? :D

Well that would take pretty much time thats all. And thats why we focus on some points.

Level 1
I'm very curious on how you will pull off the druid evolvement from the basic ranger class.

Druids are essentially using staffs, minions of nature, certain magic, and healing spells.

You're saying that you will only give the new evolved class one extra ability, but yet all the ranger skills which implies using a bow will be strange to see on a druid. Are we supposed to use bows as druids?

Another thing I find strange, or dont really know about, but are we supposed to keep the current model of the ranger as druids? No facial marks which symbols druidic runes/magic, staffs, feathers/leaves... just look at the malfurion stormrage model for instance.

Just giving the ranger 2 healing spells with slightly similiar spells aking to nature involvement(pets) and label it Druid wont sell it in my opinion.(opinions are nice =D)

If you are able to, why not alter the malfurion model for a female look, give the face portrait the look of a warden from wc3:RoC, make druids able to wield staffs and an offhand(like a gnarled root trinket, similar to tomes). As long as it resemble the ranger I evolved from abit.

And the spells, I would choose(ingame as a player getting my first druid) to remove all ranger spells that involve shooting a bow or controlling a pet, throwing nets, and such. And then I would have 4-5 new Druid spells to choose from at my new trainer, and thus completing my druid.

*Staffs/offhand trinkets
*Unit Model
*Amount of "core" Druid spells
*Forms*?

My wishlist for a druid would be an altered malfurion model, if thats possible, i got no clue,... staff useage, spells like Moonfire, Entangling Roots, Force of nature, tranquility(3k gold spell?), a direct healing spell, mark of the wild, cyclone, bear form, faerie fire, thorns aura etc etc. You get the idea.

I'm merely throwing out ideas. I deeply respect your world and I'm thankful to play sucha rare, and well-made game and I hope for the best in SC2 and will look forward for that one very much.

Thank you! =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.