• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

every new map with custom models crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i really dont understand why it happens, but every new map that ive made since yesterday refuses to load (and on top of that, crashes the World Editor). i thought it was a particular model, so i tried importing models, one at a time, into a blank map (then deleting it and importing another), but that didnt seem to work. one thing to note is that it always crashes when theres more than 7 or 8 models or something like that. it also crashes when the map loading bar is on "Loading Units... #/whatever units there are". what the heck is going on here?

Level 2
i noticed that maps that i make dont crash when the imported models arent particularly big (like the RDZ Tech models or TeslaCoil). i just tried importing several small custom models (about 9 or 10) and it didnt crash (btw it was a blank map) but took a noticeably long time to load, even though there was nothing on the map except the letters FU drawn by my little bro on the ground with grass. [ok maybe that last part with the FU was unnecessary....]

Level 5

I have had problems with some custom model for example the commando model crashes WE whenever i put it on a map, it has been deleted now. But i have never had the problem of it not letting me load maps

Status
Not open for further replies.