• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Crashing WE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imported a model into WE, and when I even try to look at it in the previewer, WE bugs and crashes. They work fine in viewers though.

Actually, I have three models. And only two crash. The two that crash are the ones based on the Firelord and lavaspawn models. I simply changed everything to black and all shadowy stuff, so what the heck could possibly be wrong?

Anybody want to help? Here are the two MDX files...

Attachments

• ShadowBeast2.mdx
    205.4 KB · Views: 116
  • ShadowBeast3.mdx
    182.2 KB · Views: 117
Level 2
Its probably a not good model, there are some that crash WE like that.

I'd erase it imidietly if i were u :bored:

Its probably a not good model, there are some that crash WE like that.

A "not good model"?

I made this from the Firelord model, all I'm asking is what could have crashed WE.

What I basically did to the model is remove some geosets, change some textures and changed some animation settings... Maybe its the global sequences, can those potentially crash WE?

And its not geoset animations.

Its not corrupted, since my map can still be opened. But it probably has some "rendering contradiction" as in an invalid entry (which is why when I try to look at it ingame the WE crashes but isn't screwed up).

And I redid one of those models, turns out neither work. So there must be something wrong in my method.

Again, I ask, what kind of error could crash WE when trying to render a model?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I have no idea, never happened to me, and I'm pretty damn shitty at UV Mapping.

... my models aren't corrupted, ok? I did the same thing to a firelord model twice and both crash. Trust me, I know the difference between corrupted and bugged:
if it was corrupted, no matter if the unit is on the terrain and IF I even opened the terrain first, the WE wouldn't be able to open the map, and would NOT crash.

But now its only when you SEE the model that it bugs. The map is fine.

I'm gonna try it now with a definitly not bugged UV mapping... Nope its not the UV... I'll try something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.