• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] event a unit takes damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
bkBOPU.jpg

The damage engine is better, however

Level 12
Fun enough, I don't even know what that damage engine is as I have never needed to use it.

I use a specific unit EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGED in an array of triggers that work great in my entire map.

Whats does Damage Engine allow that you can't (easily) do in Jass ?

Level 12
Honestly, If you don't know Jass, maybe you should start learning Lua instead right away, it offers infinitely more possibilities than GUI and even than Jass.

The code is also more flexible, and Lua is a scripting language used in many more situations than Warcraft or even Wow.

This said, the first step is reading common.j and blizzard.j from the Casc storage (search for Casc View) to get accustomed to the game natives, as there is no real coding you can make in map making without knowing quite a few of them.

There is also plenty of information on these forums to help understanding how the natives behave in real situations.

Good luck !!!

Damage Engines, I believe are libraries that use this specific event to develop complex detection systems that cannot be obtained by normal means.

There are many systems like this on these forums, please use the search function.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.