• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Evade Spell Secondary Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, i would like to ask if it is possible to evade spell damage without getting secondary effect out of it. I used damage system which worked perfectly. I made test a unit with Buff 100% Evade all attacks including spells. All worked well except unit still get the stun effect from spell which needs to be removed if possible. Any ideas everyone?

• If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • DamageEventType Equal to 0
      • (DamageEventTarget has buff Evasion ) Equal to True
    • Then - Actions
      • Set DMGS_Evasion = 100.00
    • Else - Actions

Level 11
The most thorough way to do this is to code all the secondary effects yourself. Stuns can be accomplished with dummies who have 100% bash, for example.

The less thorough way to accomplish this is to remove the buffs after a very short timer (0.01 seconds or so; waits have a minimum time of ~0.25 seconds so a timer is better). Removing the stun buff will remove the stun.

The most thorough way to do this is to code all the secondary effects yourself. Stuns can be accomplished with dummies who have 100% bash, for example.

The less thorough way to accomplish this is to remove the buffs after a very short timer (0.01 seconds or so; waits have a minimum time of ~0.25 seconds so a timer is better). Removing the stun buff will remove the stun.
Yeah but even the 0.01 second stun will break a channeling spell. He should trigger it or use something like Spell System to simplify the process of triggering it.

Level 13
Why not use spell immunity?
I mean, it's possible to make spell immunity and 100% evasion on a unit with just object data, even for a temporary amount of time with morph spells.

Hell, it's even possible with a hidden spell book and Magic Defense if you want to just toggle it on and off.

Status
Not open for further replies.