• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Euphoria

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A map dedicated for the clan Never Ionix (Nio) - A very innovative map with several tactical possibilities and very open room for creative gameplay.
Contents

Euphoria (Map)

Reviews
15:27, 19th May 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 4
Damn. It's so well terrained, it's hard to believe a human being did it, awesome. But you didn't guard the starting gold mines. With any creeps. Also there are gold mines guarded by green, orange, and one by a red creep camp. This kinda left me confused. But a freind is coming over to my house, so I'm definitely going to playtest this against him. I'll tell you what we think when we're done playing this beaty.

Level 1
I'll give your map a 2 just because i can't give it a one and a half. The map is just way to open to creepjacks. If both players spawn next to each other vertically then whichever player leaves a unit at the entrance to the creeps between the bases will be able to jack the player that tries to creep those creeps. It's the same problem stockades had. I don't know why you Hive workshop people keep making maps with this problem... You could at least acknowledge the map as a variable map too seeing as i came up with the idea of "multiple tactical possibilities" and already coined the term variable map. O and if you're playing a HU player and you spawn vertically then you can protect the crap out of the top expo with towers. The chokes leading into that top expo are also really narrow. Hmm after seeing all that in just the first 5 minutes think this map does deserve a 1.

Level 2
hmm, this map doesn't look very balanced based on the different distances that can happen in 1on1, in 2on2 it's okay but not the best solution as well. as u said the starting position creeps in 1on1 are now there which was a major flaw, but i noticed that the bottom right starting pos has 14500 gold where the others only have 12500.. the terrain is beautiful, i didn't expect anything else from you ^^ i can notice that ur inspiration was goldshire for this map, but the biggest upset is in any possible way u can play this and all the different spawns someone always has the advantage (more creeps in their vicinity or more expansion spots, also the fact that there's only 1 health fountain, which is not in the middle is a big disadvantage) i guess u should either make another one on the map, put the 1 there is now in the middle or just remove it. please try to balance out the creeps/distances/mines on this map. on a side note, for a map like this it's kinda unfavorable to just have 1 shop on the map

at the current state i give it the following points:
balance: 5/10
terraining: 10/10
polish: 6/10
creeps: 6/10
layout: 5/10
innovation: 8/10
enjoyment: 6/10
----------------
overall: 46/70 => 66% i can't give it more than 3/5, sorry

Level 8
I'll give your map a 2 just because i can't give it a one and a half. The map is just way to open to creepjacks. If both players spawn next to each other vertically then whichever player leaves a unit at the entrance to the creeps between the bases will be able to jack the player that tries to creep those creeps. It's the same problem stockades had. I don't know why you Hive workshop people keep making maps with this problem... You could at least acknowledge the map as a variable map too seeing as i came up with the idea of "multiple tactical possibilities" and already coined the term variable map. O and if you're playing a HU player and you spawn vertically then you can protect the crap out of the top expo with towers. The chokes leading into that top expo are also really narrow. Hmm after seeing all that in just the first 5 minutes think this map does deserve a 1.

thanks for constructive critque - but trust me - Im not the "HIVE-guy"

if you wanna see a balanced map - then open my map Silver River -

this map isnt supposed to be league ready in any way

Level 8
please hivers - shut the fuck off the descriptions - its A MEELE SECTION!

Most of you actualy have no idea what meele-gaming is about. No true - does Ancient Isles have a good description? - No - you know why? - Because its useless

Nah - best way to leave hive- but I use it only for uploads - not for publishing

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 16

Most of you actualy have no idea what meele-gaming is about. No true - does Ancient Isles have a good description? - No - you know why? - Because its useless

Nah - best way to leave hive- but I use it only for uploads - not for publishing

Now, seriously, dude. Chill out. At least give some basic info if you don't want an "OMG FUCKING AWSOM DESCRIPTON" like Against the Darkness, and if you think "Melee Games don't need description", chill out a little. Some info that would be useful to put on Description:
-Number of Gold Mines
-Creep Camp Information
-Neutral Building Information
-Screenshots of Layout and Terrain shots

These information itself already suffice the needs of a Melee Map's Description. And, seriously, chill out.

EDIT: Oh, also, I've seen your Shining Silver Waters' Description. It already suffice for a Melee Map.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28

Then why did you add a nice description for your other maps?

Either way, I recently (about a month or two ago) took my time to check melee-maps (mostly league maps, but also standard blizzard and bad melee-maps, to see the difference).
I think I've got an idea what melee-gaming is about.

And nowadays the minimum quality requirement is a lot higher than it used to be.
Due to people still pushing boundaries, I am forced to improve this, otherwise too many maps would deserve a 5/5 (which would be considered to be maps of a great quality).

And watch what you're saying, might as well backfire right back at you.

Last edited: