• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Esdo's Gold Award and K-D-A system v1.2a

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
THE DAMAGE ENGINE IN THIS MAP IS NOT MINE!
Credits for that go to Bribe.

This is a simple system that awards gold to all units involved in a kill ( all units that dealt damage ) based on the percentage damage they dealt in the last 20 seconds to the killed unit. Like this:

My hero is attacking and enemy hero, when my ally appears and nukes him, thus getting the killing blow.
While i was attacking my enemy, i managed to get him down to 10% health, so that my total damage percentage was 90%. My ally just dealt 10% damage.
The enemy hero's level was 5 and the hero gold modifier is 2 so that the total gold awarded is 5*2=10.
My hero, who dealt 90% of the damage, will get 90% of the gold ( 9 gold ).
My ally, who tried to kill-steal me, got just 10% of the gold ( 1 gold ).

This system also supports dice-rolling for additional bounty reward, similar to the system used in blizzard's object editor.

If you used the past version of this system ( v1.0 ), be sure to delete all "Bounty_" variables, because those are no longer needed.

Hope you enjoy!

Full GUI, leakless and ( i think ) lagless.

Triggs:

• Color Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set PlayerColors[1] = |cffff0303
      • Set PlayerColors[2] = |cff0042ff
      • Set PlayerColors[3] = |cff1ce6b9
      • Set PlayerColors[4] = |cff540081
      • Set PlayerColors[5] = |cfffffc01
      • Set PlayerColors[6] = |cfffeba0e
      • Set PlayerColors[7] = |cff20c000
      • Set PlayerColors[8] = |cffe55bb0
      • Set PlayerColors[9] = |cff959697
      • Set PlayerColors[10] = |cff7ebff1
      • Set PlayerColors[11] = |cff106246
      • Set PlayerColors[12] = |cff4e2a04

• AwardGoldConfig
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- How much gold is granted per killed unit level. --------
      • Set AwardGold_LevelMultiplier = 10
      • -------- How much extra gold is awarded if killed unit is a hero ( multiplier ). --------
      • Set AwardGold_HeroMultiplier = 3
      • -------- How much time does it take for damage instances to be reset. --------
      • Set AwardGold_ResetTimer = 20
      • -------- Dice amount is the quantity of dice rolled when a unit dies. A bigger number of dice makes to that extreme values ( Min. and Max.) become more unlikely and mid values become more common. This value multiplies DiceSides --------
      • Set AwardGold_DiceAmount = 2
      • -------- Dice Sides is the value range that can be obtained when rolling a dice. This value multiplies creature level, so that Maximum gold awarded is 50% certain and 50% random when this var is == to 1. --------
      • Set AwardGold_DiceSides = 1.50

• AwardGoldStore
    • Events
      • Game - DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • ((Owner of DamageEventSource) is an ally of (Owner of DamageEventTarget)) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Set AwardGold_HasChecker = False
      • For each (Integer AwardGold_LoopInteger) from 1 to AwardGold_Index, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • DamageEventTarget Equal to AwardGold_Target[AwardGold_LoopInteger]
              • DamageEventSource Equal to AwardGold_Source[AwardGold_LoopInteger]
            • Then - Actions
              • Set AwardGold_HasChecker = True
              • Set AwardGold_Amount[AwardGold_LoopInteger] = (AwardGold_Amount[AwardGold_LoopInteger] + DamageEventAmount)
              • Set AwardGold_Period[AwardGold_LoopInteger] = AwardGold_ResetTimer
            • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • AwardGold_HasChecker Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Set AwardGold_Index = (AwardGold_Index + 1)
          • Set AwardGold_Target[AwardGold_Index] = DamageEventTarget
          • Set AwardGold_Source[AwardGold_Index] = DamageEventSource
          • Set AwardGold_Amount[AwardGold_Index] = DamageEventAmount
          • Set AwardGold_Period[AwardGold_Index] = AwardGold_ResetTimer
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: New damage instance!
        • Else - Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of DamageEventSource) + ( dealt + ((String(DamageEventAmount, 0, 0)) + ( damage to + ((Name of DamageEventTarget) + .)))))

• AwardGoldLoop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer AwardGold_LoopInteger) from 1 to AwardGold_Index, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set AwardGold_Period[AwardGold_LoopInteger] = (AwardGold_Period[AwardGold_LoopInteger] - 1)
            • If - Conditions
              • AwardGold_Period[AwardGold_LoopInteger] Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Set AwardGold_Target[AwardGold_LoopInteger] = AwardGold_Target[AwardGold_Index]
              • Set AwardGold_Source[AwardGold_LoopInteger] = AwardGold_Source[AwardGold_Index]
              • Set AwardGold_Amount[AwardGold_LoopInteger] = AwardGold_Amount[AwardGold_Index]
              • Set AwardGold_Period[AwardGold_LoopInteger] = AwardGold_Period[AwardGold_Index]
              • Set AwardGold_Index = (AwardGold_Index - 1)
              • Set AwardGold_LoopInteger = (AwardGold_LoopInteger - 1)
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Damage instance res...
            • Else - Actions

• AwardGoldDeath
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set AwardGold_KilledUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set AwardGold_KilledLevel = (Level of AwardGold_KilledUnit)
      • Set AwardGold_NumAwarded = 0
      • Set AwardGold_DmgCap = 0.00
        • If - Conditions
          • (AwardGold_KilledUnit is A Hero) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set AwardGold_KilledLevel = (AwardGold_KilledLevel x AwardGold_HeroMultiplier)
        • Else - Actions
      • Set AwardGold_GoldGranted = (AwardGold_KilledLevel x AwardGold_LevelMultiplier)
      • For each (Integer AwardGold_LoopInteger) from 1 to AwardGold_DiceAmount, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set AwardGold_DiceValue = (Integer(((Random real number between 1.00 and (Real(AwardGold_KilledLevel))) x AwardGold_DiceSides)))
          • Set AwardGold_GoldGranted = (AwardGold_GoldGranted + AwardGold_DiceValue)
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Dice Roll: + (String(AwardGold_DiceValue)))
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • AwardGold_Target[AwardGold_LoopInteger] Equal to AwardGold_KilledUnit
              • AwardGold_Source[AwardGold_LoopInteger] Not equal to AwardGold_KilledUnit
            • Then - Actions
              • Set AwardGold_NumAwarded = (AwardGold_NumAwarded + 1)
              • Set AwardGold_DmgCap = (AwardGold_DmgCap + AwardGold_Amount[AwardGold_LoopInteger])
              • Set AwardGold_IndivUnit[AwardGold_NumAwarded] = AwardGold_Source[AwardGold_LoopInteger]
              • Set AwardGold_IndivDamage[AwardGold_NumAwarded] = AwardGold_Amount[AwardGold_LoopInteger]
              • -------- Reset --------
              • Set AwardGold_Target[AwardGold_LoopInteger] = AwardGold_Target[AwardGold_Index]
              • Set AwardGold_Source[AwardGold_LoopInteger] = AwardGold_Source[AwardGold_Index]
              • Set AwardGold_Amount[AwardGold_LoopInteger] = AwardGold_Amount[AwardGold_Index]
              • Set AwardGold_Period[AwardGold_LoopInteger] = AwardGold_Period[AwardGold_Index]
              • Set AwardGold_Index = (AwardGold_Index - 1)
              • Set AwardGold_LoopInteger = (AwardGold_LoopInteger - 1)
              • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Damage instance res...
            • Else - Actions
      • For each (Integer AwardGold_LoopInteger) from 1 to AwardGold_NumAwarded, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set AwardGold_IndivInteger = AwardGold_NumAwarded
          • For each (Integer AwardGold_LoopInteger2) from 1 to AwardGold_NumAwarded, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • AwardGold_IndivDamage[AwardGold_LoopInteger] Greater than AwardGold_IndivDamage[AwardGold_LoopInteger2]
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set AwardGold_IndivInteger = (AwardGold_IndivInteger - 1)
                • Else - Actions
          • Set AwardGold_IndivOrder[AwardGold_IndivInteger] = AwardGold_LoopInteger
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (((PlayerColors[(Player number of (Owner of AwardGold_KilledUnit))] + (Name of (Owner of AwardGold_KilledUnit))) + |r) + ('s unit has died granting a total of + ((String(AwardGold_GoldGranted)) + gold. Stats:)))
      • For each (Integer AwardGold_LoopInteger) from 1 to AwardGold_NumAwarded, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set AwardGold_IndivGold = (Integer(((AwardGold_IndivDamage[AwardGold_IndivOrder[AwardGold_LoopInteger]] / AwardGold_DmgCap) x (Real(AwardGold_GoldGranted)))))
          • Player - Add AwardGold_IndivGold to (Owner of AwardGold_Source[AwardGold_LoopInteger]) Current gold
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of AwardGold_IndivUnit[AwardGold_IndivOrder[AwardGold_LoopInteger]] using UI\Feedback\GoldCredit\GoldCredit.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(AwardGold_IndivGold)) above AwardGold_IndivUnit[AwardGold_IndivOrder[AwardGold_LoopInteger]] with Z offset 0.00, using font size 12.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
          • Set AwardGold_Text = (Last created floating text)
          • Floating Text - Set the velocity of AwardGold_Text to 70.00 towards 110.00 degrees
          • Floating Text - Change AwardGold_Text: Disable permanence
          • Floating Text - Change the fading age of AwardGold_Text to 0.60 seconds
          • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of AwardGold_Text to 1.00 seconds
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (((PlayerColors[(Player number of (Owner of AwardGold_IndivUnit[AwardGold_IndivOrder[AwardGold_LoopInteger]]))] + (Name of (Owner of AwardGold_IndivUnit[AwardGold_IndivOrder[AwardGold_LoopInteger]]))) + |r) + ('s + ((Name of AwardGold_IndivUnit[AwardGold_Ind

v1.2a - Major update, many changes:

- A hashtable array is no longer used in this system, making it much faster and reliable
- Added config file, which allows for many changes in the system.
- Added random gold ( Dice Gold ) method that grants extra random gold with each kill.
- Added player colored units that can be used for testing the system's color array.
- All used variables changed names: from "Bounty_" to "AwardGold_".

v1.0 - Uploaded.

esdo - Creator of the system ( me! )
Bribe - Creator of the damage engine, a requirement for this system to work.

Keywords:
system, gold, gold award, gold grant, bounty, bounty gold, money, damage, kill, death, assist, esdo, gold bounty, detect damage.
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected. 18:24, 9th Jul 2014 PurgeandFire: Review: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2554140-post30.html

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected.

18:24, 9th Jul 2014
PurgeandFire: Review:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2554140-post30.html

Level 5
Hashtable array ? You should never use a hashtable array.

This needs to be reworked so it does not use a hashtable array.

It can be a good system but the hashtable arrays have to go.

Why? Leaking? Not efficient? Lag? Better Ways?

I see absolutely no way of reworking this to remove hashtable arrays - I would need a whole new system.

One possibility I had to chose from when creating this was using some method of double indexing, but i thought this was better. I've read somewhere that hashtables are 2x slower that indexing, but I didn't think that would matter when all my system do is some simple math.

Level 29
You can only have 255 hashtables in your map so once 256 total hashtables are created this system will break.

Hashtables are also 4 to 8 times slower and they get slower with more info added.

Basic method of doing this with only one hashtable is to make it with an indexing hashtable method.
Basically you store everything you can in arrays and use the hashtable to load a key / index to which array you are storing the stuff for that unit.

Level 5
You can only have 255 hashtables in your map so once 256 total hashtables are created this system will break.

Hashtables are also 4 to 8 times slower and they get slower with more info added.

Sh*t. =(((

How do you suggest I rework my system? Because like i said, I have no friggin idea how to "rework" the system, only how to make a brand new one.

Level 29
Give me a few minutes and I will update this with a good description of how to do something like what you are trying to achieve.

Basic method of doing this with only one hashtable is to make it with an indexing hashtable method.
Basically you store everything you can in arrays and use the hashtable to load a key / index to which array you are storing the stuff for that unit.
Hashtable will be called HASHTABLE

So for example unit 1 (attacking unit) attacks unit 2(damaged unit). To make it easy handle id of unit 1 is 1000 and for unit 2 it is 2000. The index counter will be called hashIndexCount

Then you store info like this.
hashIndexCount = (hashIndexCount + 1)
Save hashIndexCount as 0 of 1000 in HASHTABLE
// The above will store the index identifier in the hashtable.
// Next we store the unit that is doing the attacking into the hashtable.
// So we need a max integer to determine how many units have attacked that unit. Call it NumOfUnitsThatAttacked[]. It is also an array.
// we also need a temp boolean.
Set TempBoolean = true
Loop For each tempInt from 0 to NumOfUnitsThatAttacked[ hashIndexCount]
// This is to check if that unit has attacked before.
// To store the units that attacked before we need an integer array. I'll call it AttackingUnitIDs
If 2000 == AttackingUnitIDs[ tempInt] // If this is true then the unit is already in there and you need to increase the amount of damage it did.
then
increase damage with damage that was done.
Set TempBoolean = false
else
// After the loop we check the boolean.
If TempBoolean == true
then
// create new instance for the attacking unit.
// First we increase the counter that keeps count of how many units have attacked that one unit.
NumOfUnitsThatAttacked[ hashIndexCount] = (NumOfUnitsThatAttacked[ hashIndexCount] + 1)
// Then we store the new unit with all info needed into arrays that deal with the units damage.
Set damage.

The above is just the basics.

To do counters efficiently add an integer array or a real array your choice. ( I prefer real arrays). Name it TimeAttackResets. ( Your 20 second time )
First you need a trigger that runs every .03 seconds Every .03 seconds add it to a GameTime real variable.
In the ITE where you check for the units id type you need to check if the GameTime is greater than TimeAttackResets is. If it is then you remove that unit since his delay between attacks time will be to long.
You then de-index that unit. If you need a better explanation on how to do integer timers then I can try to explain it better.

Last edited:
Level 5
I'm having a hard time understanding this - could you explain it better?

Is it that you are suggesting to keep track of each damage instance? Like if unit A attacks unit B, index ++. If unit A attacks C, Index ++. That way the maximum num. of instances would be 8192 ( or something like that ).

Anyway - wouldn't it be FAR easier to do this in vJass? I think I'm gonna give it a try.

Level 29
I'm having a hard time understanding this - could you explain it better?

Is it that you are suggesting to keep track of each damage instance? Like if unit A attacks unit B, index ++. If unit A attacks C, Index ++. That way the maximum num. of instances would be 8192 ( or something like that ).

Anyway - wouldn't it be FAR easier to do this in vJass? I think I'm gonna give it a try.

What I am doing above is basically making structs that would hold all of the info.

You have to know how much damage the unit did to tell how much gold it should get.

Last edited:
Level 5
What I am doing above is basically making structs that would hold all of the info.

You have to know how much damage the unit did to tell how much gold it should get.

Okay, so, what I would need to do is create one damage instance ( like a registry, something that increases the Max Index ) every time a unit is attacked, similarly to when the Index of a MUI ability is increased when some unit casts it?

Problem is that there would be a cap at 8192 attacks. Right?

Level 29
Okay, so, what I would need to do is create one damage instance ( like a registry, something that increases the Max Index ) every time a unit is attacked, similarly to when the Index of a MUI ability is increased when some unit casts it?

Problem is that there would be a cap at 8192 attacks. Right?

I gave you the trigger to register attacks and store damage that units have done.

Also this allows up to 8192 instances of units getting attacked. Not 8192 attacks.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
I don't get the point of using arrayed hashtable, this can be simply done with one hashtable

• If - Conditions
  • Bounty_KilledUnit Equal to Bounty_DamagedUnit[Bounty_LoopInteger]
you dont need to do that check if you store unit handle into hashtable..

and final suggestion is, use vJass! use Table and any problem about hashtable is fixed :thumbs_up: although it's just suggestion

Level 29
What you suggested has nothing todo with structs imao. How you would work with structs with using GUI?

What I said above creates a struct to be used. Structs are simple an integer array.

The this.unit is the same as unit[ this]
So if this = 1 it would be the same as unit[ 1]

Structs in Vjass use this same method. It is just better syntax in vJass. Also the indexing they use is a little better than indexed arrays. They also have a way to stop crashes since it simply doesn't let you create a new struct if you cannot.

Level 29
Uh?

I don't have a single hashtable in my map.

I posted before the spell description was updated.

I'll check out the system when I can.

Edit:
This should use a hashtable for lookup purposes. It is very slow looking through all of the instances. This will eventually hit the op-limit.
The method I provided to you above will never hit op-limit. Only limit it can hit is the 8192 limit but that means that there has to be 8192 units being attacked before it breaks. It also does not need the loop trigger.
It only needs three triggers. The config trigger. A trigger that fires when unit is damaged. And a trigger that fires when unit dies.

If you need help making the system I described above feel free to ask. I will help. If not I may make the system when I can.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
store the indexes into an hashtable at the unit's handle ID

here is my idea:
  • set UnitHandle = GetHandleId(caster)
  • Hashtable - Save real (your timer) as (UnitHandle) child key (1)
  • Hashtable - Save real (damage given) as (UnitHandle) child key (2)
  • --- Then just do the same thing to save any variable using unit's handle ID as index ---
  • --- But remember to always use different child key for each data ---
so when you need it: (when damage event as example)
  • Event - DamageEvent equal to 1.00
  • Condition -
  • Action -
    • set UnitHandle = GetHandleId(DamageSource)
    • --- Then save the damage given ---
    • Hashtable - Save real ((Load real (UnitHandle) child key (2)) + DamageAmount) as (UnitHandle) child key (2)
yeah, something like that, I'm sorry I write it manually :p
I'm pretty sure you will understand if you read it carefully

it's a good update and maybe acceptable at this state, I haven't look further, but using hashtable is just faster and easier

Level 29
here is my idea:
  • set UnitHandle = GetHandleId(caster)
  • Hashtable - Save real (your timer) as (UnitHandle) child key (1)
  • Hashtable - Save real (damage given) as (UnitHandle) child key (2)
  • --- Then just do the same thing to save any variable using unit's handle ID as index ---
  • --- But remember to always use different child key for each data ---
so when you need it: (when damage event as example)
  • Event - DamageEvent equal to 1.00
  • Condition -
  • Action -
    • set UnitHandle = GetHandleId(DamageSource)
    • --- Then save the damage given ---
    • Hashtable - Save real ((Load real (UnitHandle) child key (2)) + DamageAmount) as (UnitHandle) child key (2)

The problem with the way you have written is the lookup for when the unit dies to see who gets the bounty for killing that unit. You would have to search through everything to see which units get bounty.

Review:
  • You've improved it quite a bit since you first submitted it. Nice job!
  • I really like the idea and the implementation. :)
  • You should add an option of whether to display the floating text (a boolean configurable).
  • Remove the "Game - Display" messages, such as "New Damage Instance!". If you want to keep the one telling the bounty received, that is fine, but make it a configurable of whether to display it.
  • There could be some improvement by using a hashtable. As deathismyfriend said, looping through all the damage instances is pretty heavy. By using a hashtable, you could store each damage instance under the keys of the source and target. That way, you can just load their index from the hashtable rather than looping through all the instances.

Here is your current implementation:
    • AwardGoldStore
      • Events
      • Conditions
        • ((Owner of DamageEventSource) is an ally of (Owner of DamageEventTarget)) Equal to False
      • Actions
          • Loop - Actions
              • If - Conditions
                • DamageEventTarget Equal to AwardGold_Target[AwardGold_LoopInteger]
                • DamageEventSource Equal to AwardGold_Source[AwardGold_LoopInteger]
              • Then - Actions
                • Set AwardGold_Amount[AwardGold_LoopInteger] = (AwardGold_Amount[AwardGold_LoopInteger] + DamageEventAmount)
              • Else - Actions
          • If - Conditions
          • Then - Actions
          • Else - Actions
        • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of DamageEventSource) + ( dealt + ((String(DamageEventAmount, 0, 0)) + ( damage to + ((Name of DamageEventTarget) + .)))))
    With a hashtable, it could look something like this:
    • AwardGoldStore
      • Events
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Set AwardGold_LoopInteger = (Load (Key DamageEventTarget) of (Key DamageEventSource) in AwardGold_Hash)
          • If - Conditions
            • (AwardGold_LoopInteger) Not Equal to 0
          • Then - Actions
          • Else - Actions
          • If - Conditions
          • Then - Actions
            • Hashtable - Save AwardGold_Index as (Key DamageEventTarget) of (Key DamageEventSource) in AwardGold_Hash
          • Else - Actions
    And that would be a lot more efficient. That was freehand, so it might not work/be exact, but that should paint a basic picture of what it would look like. Of course, when you decrease AwardGold_Index, you would also remove the data from the hashtable. It would require a bit of work, but it would really help make this a solid system.

Otherwise, nice job. Just make a few updates and it should be approvable. The last update (about the hashtable) isn't required, but it could bump up the rating, and I highly recommend it.