• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Escape map revive system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, im a little noob in map creating and im creating my first "escape" map but i dont know how to make a revive point, i already tried to put a trigger
Event: "Unit enters region bla bla"
Conditions: "none"
Action: "Pick every unit in region (Units in entire map) and do (Picked unit - kill)

But the problem is that when i make it that trigger it will kill the meat wagons and things in the map too instead of only the escapers so please tell me how to make a reviving trigger. :confused:

Level 3
Okay, thanks :wink: but now i have another problem i didn't ask before, how do you make the computer and races and colours of the players "locked" like in dota you cant change color?

Level 3
Well, about the first problem it made my wc3 crash first time i tried that trigger [in test map i mean] and second time it didnt crash but lagged a little and then spawned massacres of escapers in the region i set it to make the units.

Edit; Fixed it by doing "Turn off - this trigger" in the actions

Last edited:
Level 3
And again, more problems (i dont want to make new thread) okay here i list what i need still help for:
1. The thing that could make the monsters in my escape always be computer because when i host it i have to put the team 2 to computer myself
2. I have problems how could i make thing that when unit steps in region some spellcaster would ensnare him and then use flamestrike but it didn't shoot the ensnare, just flamestrike and the trig was like this
Event: Unit enters region bla bla
Condition: none
Action: Issue order targetin an unit for caster - orc raider ensnare - entering unit
Issue order targeting a point for caster - human bloodmage flamestrike - center of region bla bla
3. What can i do with the elevator destructbiles because i tried to put it to go up and down when i say "up" and "down" but i still cant go up a cliff if im on a elevator that is up

Level 5
1) Go into Scenario -> Player Properties (up where the File, Edit, View bar is) and make the ones you want into computers. You can also go to Force Properties and make actual teams, since it sounds like you didn't do that.

2) Most likely if you're telling the same unit to do these things, you need to put a Wait (maybe 1 to 1.5 seconds) between the orders, because it sounds like your Flamestrike order is being issued before the Caster can even do the Ensnare.

3) Not sure, the elevator has to be at the same height and right up against the cliff?

Level 3
Thanks toolbox, but about that ensnare, the unit is the same but i ordered to ensnare FIRST then fstrike but i fixed it by making the unit just cast shockwave in the region. About that question 1. I've already done that player 12 brown is computer and is set in force 2 but it doesnt "lock" it so i can still change color and team 2 isnt computer.

Level 3
Thank you very much ragings! You receive a reputation. By the way this is just a small question = How do you make that funny looking thing that some human is smacking a dead corpse of another human with axe, i've saw it in two maps, "Ghost city" and "BK's prison escape"

Level 40
The first human (the one lying on the ground) would have it's "death" animation on. (hence lying down)

The second human would have "stand work" on.

Note: the Stand Work only looks like that with the Villager (Male) model (and the Villager (Male) 2)

Also, it's not an axe, it's a pick. If you wanted it to be an axe, you'd have to attach one as an attachment.

Level 3
Thank you purplepoot ;) but for future questions should i make new thread because some people think this is the same question that is in the name of the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.