• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hey a made a own map with worldeditor but suddenly i could not open it anymore, whenevere doodads load its crashes and if i try to play map i get this error:

This application has encountered a critical error:
FATAL ERROR!
Exeception: 0xC0000005 (ACESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:6F78A85b

The instruction at 0x6F78A85b referenced memory at 0x0000000. the memory could not be read

how to fix this and how do avoid this erro?

Ps: i have lan and regular version of wc3 but cant open this map with both

Level 2
yeah i have imported few models and one before it crushed, should i deleat all or is it better to try mpq editor first?
edit: i downloaded mpq and opend map with it but i dont know where "war3map.w3d" is or how to replace it

Level 2
i deleted imports with mpq, tyvm for your fast help :)
is there any way to check what import caused crush? because i had to delete a lot

You can try going to your Warcraft III\Errors folder and reading your most recent crash log. You can use this tutorial:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/146107-Crash-Logs

However, it isn't always as clear as it is in the tutorial. Sometimes it is just undecipherable, in which case you will probably just want to delete one-by-one until you no longer receive the crash. (or test your map after you've imported anything) Since that is tedious, just make sure you test your map every now and then between imports to make sure nothing will cause any crashes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.