• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

error when using 3d programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
For some reason, i cannot use any 3d programs - the screen in wich the model is to be shown wont simply show anything.
I can watch models with magos, but not with wc3viewer.
The windows in milkshape turns all white, and 3dsmax just bugs like hell for me.
Are there any settings i need to change or drivers to install?

Level 4
do you have direct X 9.0c installed?

in 3dsmax, if direct3D doesn't work, use OpenGL it almost always work. If both don't work then use Software 3d emulation. Remember that you can change the driver on Customize -> Preferences -> Viewports -> Choose Driver.

Actually, i think i even have directx10. Still, what i want to use is actually vertex modify and milkshape, ironically, such as i rarely do scratch modelling, and my 3dsmax is cracked so i dont expect it to work (there is a dll file missing), but thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.