• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Error message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
You know when you try to use an ability and if you can't the game displays a "Error message", exm: If you wanna use the spell "Resurrection" but there is no nearby ally corpses; but if do it by using triggers you also can't do it but that message doesn't apear.
Is there a way to display that message by using triggers or its imposible?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I guess you could do your own check a try to mimic the error message.

Go into the object editor and see if you can find a radius value for the spell.
Then with triggers pick each dead unit owned by the casting unit's owner within X range of caster and check if that unit group is empty.
If yes, display a message.
You can make it look real by utilizing color codes.

As far as I know there is no way to directly override the default behavior of not displaying the message by default.

Level 24
I guess you could do your own check a try to mimic the error message.

Go into the object editor and see if you can find a radius value for the spell.
Then with triggers pick each dead unit owned by the casting unit's owner within X range of caster and check if that unit group is empty.
If yes, display a message.
You can make it look real by utilizing color codes.

As far as I know there is no way to directly override the default behavior of not displaying the message by default.
In fact I know that I can create error messages, but I wanna make the game display the defualt error message, because I know I can edit it and I wanna use something more than those texts in the left of the screen.

Level 24
You can use SimError - Wc3C.net or maybe someone can isolate the frame by using the new frame child natives.
Ok, I never understood this:
upload_2020-10-1_1-24-54.png

Level 24
For your Resurrection example, select the unit that should cast it and run the following trigger action:
  • Game - Force Player 1 (Red) to press the key R.
That will show the message?
Edit: It works, but is not what I want, because I wanna do that in "0.00 seconds" and there is a delay I have to do, so that's not solve my problem, but thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
Level 24
@Chaosy I oppened that WEX and the editor looks equal, I have .NET 4.6.1 and Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4, I runned as administrator, what more?

Edit: I have .NET 4.5.2 and Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 11.0.61030 in reallity, its that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.