• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Error Message After Texture Import - Can No Longer Open Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
For a time now I have been working on an imitation of a World of Warcraft zone and with it, I've been editing textures and models to suit my needs. In particular, I was changing the textures of a castle wall and imported it into my map. I've saved the project and quit the program to restart it to display the texture edits. However, it seems that changing the textures for this particular model has now made my map unstable and is now no longer able to be opened. Instead, the loading gets interrupted and granting me an 'Error' screen.

ERROR.png

This is not the first time this has happened before with an unstable texture but during that time I was able to recover a recent version of the project. However, for this moment I do have a backup but a lot of hours of work will be lost if I were to replace it. I'd much rather quit than do it all over again.

Now my question is, is there a way to get into this map and throw out the corrupt imported files so I wont have to regress on my project?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.