• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] ERR: path component index out of bounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello! I really need help in solving this issue that exists on the map.

Details: Usually while the map is loading, a player desyncs from the game (usually the host), sometimes they are headed to the scoreboard screen (mostly this), while some just crash right away. This often happens. (ingame desyncs never happen, only on map load)

When I gathered all crash files from different players, they all produced this common error of ERR: path component index out of bounds

I included all crash logs below, really need to resolve this

Attachments

• Crash.txt
    36.3 KB · Views: 16
  • War3Log.txt
    43.9 KB · Views: 16
Level 4
Tried to sanity check every model my map uses and removed all those who have red warnings. For map initialization, are there any functions that I should avoid using there? Mostly are GUI so I don't worry that much

So usually this means that a file path (including file extension) was entered incorrectly somewhere in your map. Like for example, if you put .mdl at the end of a file that's supposed to be a .blp instead. However, this may not always be the cause, as I'm dealing with it right now in a map where all of my file extensions are squeaky clean :')

Status
Not open for further replies.