• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Er. . . Armour thingy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi all spell weavers and map shakers, if that makes any sense. . . I came up with this kinda concept for armour, kinda like real armour that stops an entire attack instead of just damaged reduction. . . It's supposed to work as an upgrade, something that is researched and then applied to all units that can use that upgrade . . Sincerely speaking, i have no idea where to start. . . The idea is supposed to be kinda like, with this upgrade "Power Armour" or somethin, it will give like a 10% chance to stop an attack. . . I know it'd be a whole lot easier to use evasion but that kinda takes out the fun of things. . . I dont know where to start and i hope this ability/upgrade thing can be done in GUI. . . All help is appreciated

Level 2
Why not use the item evasion ability so the move will be hidden. Use the trigger to check if it is researched and to add the ability to all the units. Use OR condition to fit the specific unit types. Use AND to check weather the research is done.

Level 11
If you refuse to use evasion, you'll most likely need to use the "Specific unit is damaged" event for every unit created. I do not know how to add an action everywhere in GUI. In JASS you can add actions to a trigger anywhere in the code you want. So I say you stick to evasion. It may ruin the "fun" and the miss stuff will appear, but it surely is far easier.

~Daelin

Level 3
Great maps and abilities were made by great amounts of hardwork right? Heh. . . I guess i jus gotta figure a way to do it . . Anymore ideas anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.