• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Epic Events: Civilize Barbarians / True Fel / Elven Unity / Forge-Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
These are ideas for epic events for Conflict for Sereg D'or, one of my favorite maps.

Epic Event: Civilize Barbarians or True Fel

'After more then half a century of war, the so-called barbaric peoples of the west have joined with the City-States, as another member of that great community.'

Only possible if they chose Brotherhood earlier - If not, True Fel happens. They get another hero (I suggest warrior/leader type), with a Ring of the City-States, and become allied with the City-States and only with the City-States.

'The crude yet strong orcish peoples of the west have reached true might. They have mastered their demonic blood, transforming them into even greater beings. Their wrath is so great that they can accept no ally, merely the red end of all that is.'

Barbarian units get transformed into stronger units, just like when they became Fel Orcs, only more so. They can no longer train Hired Generals, they lose Fel Kodos, and they can no longer ally with anyone. (Possibility: If Blakoth has not been summoned yet, allow them to summon him?)

Epic Event: Elven Unity

'After so long seperate, the Elven peoples have been combined once more into a great nation. Accepting Khaine as one of the gods of the Elven people, they have united forevermore against the human world.'

Elves ally, it is impossible for elves to unally. Elves each get a new spawn point in the other's base, spawning the other's types of troops.

Epic Event: Forge-Lord

'The mighty dwarven smiths have created the most powerful being that any mortal knows, save for the gods themselves. They have crafted a being, in a mockery of life - A deadly construct, capable of standing against any mortal.'

Dwarves get a new hero: The Forge-Lord (Uber-Golem), who has the ability to summon golems & bash.

Level 9
Thrune, the source material for sereg is, kind of complicated to keep in mind. The lore was written entirely by me, but lots of things factor into the 2nd sereg game, so I can't greatly alter one part without messing up another. Epic Events are still loosely lore based. Although, a forge lord is a very cool and good idea as I said before. Although people have suggested a civilized barbarian nation before.

Level 3
I also really like the idea of Epic Events... It's something that cannot be predicted, even by good players, if you have enough Epic Events. Also, they tend to be pretty interesting things.

Thanks for the compliments on the Flavor Text, though, and I'm glad you like the Forge-Lord.

Level 9
Meh, I get so many complaints over the more radically gameplay changing E.E.G's such as "No Quarter" and "Corruption of Nature". Those two are so hated by the public, that more then 3 people have asked for their total removal, and these aren't public noobs who asked.

Level 3
I feel that the huge gameplay changing events are good, but only as a substantial minority of events. You don't want them happening every game; but it's nice to surprise people occasionally with a 'They did WHAT!?' event.

But not 100% of the time, or probably even 50% or 25%. That's one of the reasons why I try to suggest more Epic Events: So that each Event becomes rarer.

Level 3
Ah. The answer is simple.

As soon as you get the event, the chance becomes 100%.

I feel that the possibility of such events happening helps the game; but I can easily see how in an individual game such an event happening would really hurt; I can imagine a situation where they've marked out teams beforehand, or are a group of friends playing a new game they found online and working together.

I can easily see how such an event happening would have a severe negative impact on someone's game.

Thus, if I was introducing the game to someone, I'd play 1.2 on the first game, and only introduce them to 1.4 later.

Level 3
New Event: Ogre Prodigy

Eh, 1.2 is still a fun game. I like it, anyway.

While we're on the topic of extra events...

Epic Event: Ogre Prodigy

"Among the Ogres of the City-States, a new leader has come to power. He is the cleverest of the Ogre-Lords, and the City-States know that he will lead them to greatness. In his wake, lesser craftsmen and warriors move to the City-States, knowing that that is where their destiny is."

New Ogre hero. Not Blakoth level, but strong, with Auras and Summoning. City-States also get 400 Materials, 2 Workers, and 8 Bandits each.

Level 3
If you want to add something to it...

"Not merely have scattered, independant warriors and craftsmen come, but the loyal warriors from much of Sereg D'or have come, to view and then serve the great leader."

Each City-State gets 2 random units from each player other then Saytrs, City-States and Nature.. Does include demiheroes, does not include heroes. This replaces the bandits & peasants, but not the Materials.

That work? It might be a bit strong (With 48 units changing hands...) Still, it could really give the epic feel. Also, best part: Each player is only losing 8 units, so nobody gets hit too hard. But the City-States get 12 units each.

Dark Elves - High Elves - Empire - Otters - Barbarians - Pandaren

Status
Not open for further replies.