• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Engineering Upgrade and Bear Form/Transforms (call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent Issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, I was having repetitive issues with the script:

• Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(udg_Unit, true, udg_Ability)
So I am using it in a map where I have a -QWER trigger to change the hotkeys of all the hero's spells to QWER. The issue is, when I use the Bear Form transform spell, where originally it was Metamorphosis but it had the same issues, it changes the spells back to their original hotkeys forever. I had tried the script and many other options, but there was also some unavoidable bugs or just a headache of triggers since I have 9 of these spells for 9 similar heroes.

I have tried just storing the spell and adding it/replacing it. However, even if I separately trigger each for when they cast Bear Form again, you can still level up the original hotkey if you were to level up in the Bear Form, thus giving you a duplicate spell.

My question is does anyone know how to make it or something else to function properly to permanently attach the QWER engineering upgraded spells, or possibly just another solution? Just a simpler method to fulfill the same task would be fantastic. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.