• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

EnergyTower Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the tower controller of the energies!

What is your opinions guys?

Updated!

Attachments

• PYTerrain05.jpg
    PYTerrain05.jpg
    885.2 KB · Views: 214
  • PYTerrain05Update.jpg
    PYTerrain05Update.jpg
    807.5 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Level 36
Ah, would you look at that, seems like someone's been listening to the advice he's been given :)

I must ask, though, is that your actual screen resolution? I think I remember your other terrains having
a wider resolution. Certainly reminds me of my first computer, where my screen was tiny and nearly square :p

The depth is good in this one! Same about the scaling overall, and you've done a much better job in using doodads
that compliment each other. But obviously there are some few things I'd like to address.

I think the fog is far too bright, taking it down a notch or five, and maybe making it into a night theme terrain would
bring out the central light more. Furthermore, it's difficult to see what that light is supposed to be. It also feels a bit
barren, save for the trees in the foreground there's nearly no flora anywhere. I'd suggest you added some trees or
something to the hills overall to make the terrain seem a bit more lively. I also think you could improve the looks of
the gate immediately in front of the camera, especially the center part of it. Add some more details around the opening
to cover up the slightly stretched texture there.

Keep rockin' mate ^^

is that your actual screen resolution?
No, I can make it larger.
I think the fog is far too bright, taking it down a notch or five, and maybe making it into a night theme terrain would
bring out the central light more. Furthermore, it's difficult to see what that light is supposed to be. It also feels a bit
barren, save for the trees in the foreground there's nearly no flora anywhere. I'd suggest you added some trees or
something to the hills overall to make the terrain seem a bit more lively. I also think you could improve the looks of
the gate immediately in front of the camera, especially the center part of it. Add some more details around the opening
to cover up the slightly stretched texture there.
These points will be done.
Keep rockin' mate ^^
I will!
Thanks a lot Keiji!

and maybe making it into a night theme terrain
How can I create night sky??

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not double-post Prince Yaser. We have the Edit option for a reason. I have merged your posts.

You can simply set the time to MidNight or Dusk in the option and play with DNC models for each environment light settings. For example, the ones of DalaranRuins, Felwood and Underground will have the darkest lighting settings.

From there on you can play with light models and glows to achieve a night look. Fladds explained that here well.

Good update. I love the general mood of the terrain better now.

I think that the sky looks off since you forgot to make it more night-like. For example you could play around with some minor clouds, star plane models or making stars from glow models and nebula models afterwards. That, I am sure would bring an eerie feeling to it and emphasize the feel more.

The central piece, being the tower with the 'light' on it still lacks in the execution department. You could play around more with those wall and brick models used in front to make various constructions and details around the tower. It is currently quite barren in details. I would also play more with the glow model and figure out some nice light and glow around the tower's highest spire.
After all, that is the center of focus in your terrain and as you may know, it should be brought in the center of attention even more.

Probably, even some floating mini-structures around it could help the construction. Would try some crystal models as well for it.

Now, for the foreground entrance, it is clear that it is lacking at best. I would probably play even more with arches and semi-circular designs around it. It might be tedious but the end result pay off most of the time if done correctly.

-------

Last but not least, the fog color should be slightly darker and the 'light from above' model should be tinted less blue and played around better. Maybe having multiple of them around to emphasize the composition.

That's most of the points for now. Keep it up :]

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Cool improvement from your last tries. The camera angle is good, and the colors work well together.

The rocks are far better than your latest try (Elven Castle), but some of them are still jagged and shows the side where the wrap is done poorly.

Good to see some life in this board!

Status
Not open for further replies.