• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Enemy Territory] Map Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I came up with this concept for an SC2 map, or multiple in a small campaign, a while ago playing Interchange on MW3. The idea is simple, and perfectly executable with SC2's engine...

After the official end of World War 3, hostilities in Europe, and throughout all other continents remain heightened between neighboring countries. The lengthy and notoriously indiscriminate war, blurred the lines between borders and many countries occupy what they now call "No-man's land." The once mighty bulwark of the United States, now lies in ruin. The majority of the country's population lines the eastern coast. Further to the east, Germany, Russia, China and North Korea are the dominant powers, fighting border wars to control the shattered lands. China and North Korea remain allies locked together in world conquest, calling themselves the the People's Coalition of Asia. Germany and the U.S., the only remaining members of NATO, struggle for control of Europe against the Russian war machine. Control of entire regions comes down to the success single armored regiments. The United States' lack of man power has forced them into guerrilla warfare, using covert strike teams, and advanced technology to strike down enemy incursions.

The most powerful weapon NATO now holds, is the ghost operatives they insert into enemy territory.

In the game you and your teammate(s), most likely 2 player co-op, take control of an elite ghost operative, inserted into hostile enemy territory. Using the rifle in your hands, Predators airstrikes, MIRV strike pods, CAS, and everything you can scavenge, you will counteract the Russian offensive. The idea is based on a mixture between Fallout 2 and Ghost Recon/SOCOM, you and your teammate(s) will have a bird's eye view of your ghost, using various hotkeys to perform various actions, such as sprinting, going prone, or making a timed spotter, sniper shot. You can utilize most advanced modern technology to complete a variation of missions in each region (regions being maps). One example, clearing an area of enemy troops silently, moving into position, high on a cliff overlooking to spot a deadly airstrike on an armored convoy.

You can select a starting primary and secondary weapon for each sector, that can be exchanged at any time for something else.

This is my idea so far... Tell me what you think. A note to the mods I have no idea where this belongs, but it is for SC2 lol, so I figured it goes here...

Status
Not open for further replies.