• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Endwar

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The Endwar is an enormous conflict destined to consume all of Azeroth in flames. For now, at least, the war is confined to these ruins and the eight generals that fight in it. Lead your army to victory against your opponents, or be crushed by thier merciless armies.

The Endwar is an experement by me in creating random terrain, and I expanded it into an eight-person battle with no goal but to kill your opponents. Features:

-Completely random unit spawns
-Random terrain
-Spawn changes: limit the unit spawns for players by level, from 1-10.
-Cannon Spree: Units will be randomly attacked by a cannon, discouraging camping.
-Resources: Keep track of your kills/deaths, instead of useless gold and lumber.
-Spawn Points: Use special powers to alter the outcome of battle.
-Computer AI: No seat is left empty with a simple AI for computer players.

CURRENT VERSION: 1.0.0

1/25/10: Map uploaded

Keywords:
Endwar, war, battle, fight, creeps
Contents

Endwar (Map)

Reviews
19:44, 27th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected Everything is luck-based, even the terrain... (a healing fountain close to your base and such). I wouldn't say this map has an actual gameplay, because it doesn't.

M

19:44, 27th Jan 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

Everything is luck-based, even the terrain... (a healing fountain close to your base and such).
I wouldn't say this map has an actual gameplay, because it doesn't.

OK, just tested your map, great idea, but it's lacking here's why:
- the randomness could be impoved, but it's fine as it stands.
- suggestion for randomness would be to make it of a certain tileset, if I got time i could write one for you, if you ask me.
- How do you capture someone's base, if you can (looked im map code and found no way).
- Also, how do you get mroe than 3 units?
There are some positives:
+ great idea
+ good use oof randomness
+ uber small filesaze
+ up-protected
With that said I'd give it a 2/5, only because it lacks a few things, like a way to win/lose. I think this can be improved 100 fold, only because you could go great palces with this, not because this version sucked, it was fine.Also; can I use your randomness method? If so I'd love it.
-Thanks, Zeatherann

Level 10
Well, thanks for the review. I plan to redo the random unit spawn to be a bit more balanced. Right now, each player recieves three diffrent units, and when one dies another will spawn. I am going to change that, to this system:
You can choose one of three options: weak, medium or strong units. If you choose weak units, you will get three level 1-4 spawned units. If you choose medium, you will get two 5-7 units, and if you choose strong you will get one level 8-10 unit.
I'm also going to make changes to the random terrain to increase the variety of spawned doodads, and plan (although this won't happen soon) to replace Blizzard creeps with 100% custom units made by me.
I will also add the ability to destroy opponent's control points, redo the command post abilities, and add a point system to purchase upgrades.

As for the triggering, go ahead and use it if you want, and I don't care about credits.

EDIT: I just noticed it is created by "Absent". I wanted to use that name, but someone else beat me to it. That will be changed to "Crazy Cow" ASAP.

ok nice, sounds great for the balance things with the number of units spawned, can't wait (how ever long, if i remember) to see the custom units and other changes. Thanks for the free use of your triggers :)
Lastly; if I have time i could help you and such, but I use JASS, and I'll probly never touch vJASS hehe.
-Thanks, Zeatherann
PS: i probly can't 'review' maps cause im not a admin, but what i said was honist (spelling?)

ok this thread is, kinda 'dead', but im here to share a piece of advice, if you want the 'spawn random creep type' trigger to truly spawn from all the 272 creeps types i suggest (this'll take a while) to change all the tilesets available for each mob to the current tileselt your map is, if not setting it to 'all'. thanks for the permission and encouragement ap0calypse.