• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Endless War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Endless War is the map name and it is an AoS i have been creating on my spare time(when i dont have much hw).

The map is almost on its beta stage. Only a few more additions need to be added.
Please test if you can i need more testers for balance purposes and bugs if any.
Concept
What i am trying to accomplish is create an AoS that has unique heroes and playing styles with each individual one. Also to make spells scale with the heroes primary stat with exceptions to heroes that can stun. Another thing i wanted is for this to be an AoS at which people can choose how long they wish to play or not. I also wanted to place nodes around the map that are controllable to give the game some other objective other than hero killing. I have also done some other things to change gameplay by removing a penalty for dying except for ressurection timer to encourage more pushing and taking risk. Another idea i came up with is to make it so towers can be for more than just defense.​

Overview

So far this map is still in its alpha stage. I have tried to make heroes that are unique and are quite different from each other. I have created 10 heroes in the map and there will be a total of 12. This map is 5v5. This map is based around controlling nodes (i have not created them all in the alpha version yet) and playing as a team, not really just going out there and killing everything by yourself. This map has 4 lanes however they are split into pairs of two so that one lane can easily help out another when in need.​

Game Duration

This map is designed to give the host the ability to dictate how long the games can take. At the start the host (red) will be asked how long the game will last. He will be given a choice between 30, 45, 60 minutes. So if you just want a quick game you can choose short if not you can choose long for normal. Each time setting will make the bosses either stronger or weaker. Bosses will also charge every 10 minutes for short game 15 for normal game and 20 for long game.​

Tower Involvement
The only towers on the map are those by the nodes. There are no towers in the lanes. However, there is a merchant that sells towers that you can use to be defensive or offensive with. There are 3 levels of towers with increasing strength. Each player can only have 2 towers at once so a total of 6 per team(for now then 10 once map is done).​

Item System
The items in this map are a little different than in other maps. First of all you can buy is orbs that grant a bonus to something. Then you can buy Orb Fragments that increase the orbs level until its max. Orbs can then be combined to make more powerful orbs. So far there are only two stages of orbs, but i hope to add more in the future and possibly ones that have effects.​

Hero Overview
Most Hero spells scale with the units primary stat. Only exceptions are to heroes that can stun

Ranger
The ranger is a hero that has versitility each time you play as him. He can choose between one of three pets and traps giving him a different role each time he is played.
Summon Pet - Summons the pet of your choice. Either a wolf, spider, or turtle each with a unique ability (innate)
Shockwave Arrows - Every time Robin attacks his arrows tear through the air leaving a shockwave behined them dealing extra damage for a given time.
Concussion Shot - Stuns the enemy for a given time.
Aura of Honor - Command Aura and has a chance for every 5 seconds to increase damage of a unit in its affect.
Trap - Places a trap of your choice at the targeted area. The ranger will have a choice between a fire trap that deal damage (AoE), an earth trap that slows all units by 70% for 5 seconds, and a freeze trap that freezes a unit that comes in its range.​
Time Master
This hero is one of the great Time Masters that are to have rumored to exist. He is a powerful being that specializes in time manipulating.
Wormhole - With his limited knowledge of space manipulation he is able to instantly teleport to anywhere he has seen.
Proximity Stop - Will stop the timeline of all nearby enemies for a given time.
Pending Clock - Creates a clock on the floor that can be stopped to stop the timeline of all enemy units in the area for a given time.(Another ability is used for stopping the clock)
Time Stop - Will freeze everything in time for 3 seconds except for himself and anything he controls.​
Priest
He can choose between shadow or holy powers when u pick him enabling him to be a healer or an attacker.
Holy Form
Holy Nova - Aoe heal on a unit
Regenerate - HoT to burst heal at end
Holy Embrace - Heals mana with every cast done by the caster. Also heals mana too with each heal based on amount healed.
Holy Shock - Kills a unit and stores its essence then late unleashes that essence onto another healing it for the units max hit points.

Shadow Form
Fear - Fears a unit for a given time making him uncontrolable
Nightmare - Deals damage to a feared unit
Shadow Embrace - Gives a chance to fear on every attack. Also powers up other moves slightly
Mind Flay - Reduces a units movement speed to a set amount and deals damage per second for 3 seconds​
Demonic Assassin
This hero has moved that are based off the number of counters he has.He uses unleashes the demonic power of those he has killed.
Demonic Strike - Deals damage based on number of counters stored to a target in melee
Blink Stun - Blinks to a target to damage and stun the target based on number of counters
Demonic Frenzy - Increases attack speed of the target based on number of counters
Demonic Ascension - Permanetly increases the power by turning the Demonic Assassin into a half demon​
Elementalist
This hero is a spell caster adept at harnessing the elements.
Fire Bomb - Deals heavy damage to a single unit and medium damage to all surrounding units
Water Pillars - Creates water pillars around the caster that deal damage for a given time
Earthquake - Creates a small earthquake at a targeted area slowing all units in the area
Elemental Storm - Channels the power of the elements to randomly strike nearby enemies for a given time​
Blade Master
This hero is King Arthur and specializes in close combat with his excalibur
Charge - Blinks to an opponent dealing damage to any around him upon his arrival
Blade Mastery - Gives him a change to increase attack speed for 10 seconds with every attack
Retaliation - Every time Arthur takes damage he will build up rage that will lead him to have a greater chance to deal extra damage on his next attack
Excalibur's Will - Slams the excalibur into a target with such great force that it causes the energy to spill past the target in a cone like shape dealing damage to anyone behined the target​
Dark Monk
A monk that has gone evil after losing his faith in his diety. He has the ability to become a dreadlord whole still having the powers of a monk.
Hypnotize - Puts a target to sleep for a given time
Battle Mastery - Grants the chance to recover from any damage taken. The more times he is struck the greater the chance to recover
Aura of Hatred - Command Aura except that all units in the effect will have a chance to increase damage for 15 seconds every 5 seconds
Transform - Transforms the Dark Monk into a dreadlord temporarly increasing his power and granting him life steal​
Rune Master
A demon that is adept at controlling runes and thier effects. He is effective at killing enemies at a long range and when gathered
Create Rune - Creates a rune on the targeted area (starts with this skill)
Rune of Fire - Creates pillars of fire on the rune dealing damage to all those in range
Rune of Power - Increases the attack speed of all friendly unts within the runes range
Rune of Time - Deals periodic damage and slows the enemies in the runes range for a given time
Rune of Desimation - Creates a horde of smaller runes that pass through the rune to deal damage to any in its way​
Crypt Lord
A hero that has mastered the effects of his tendrils to dominate his opponents
Impale -Basic impale
Spiked Carapace - Increases armor and grants the chance that the attacking unit will be assualted by your tendrils
Tendril Assualt - Randomly sends out tendrils every so often to damage any enemies they strike
Ultra Impale - Sends his spiked tendrils to attack a huge area dealing damage to all enemies they strike​
Angel of Death
This is Lucifer in a weakened form who has come to battle in hopes of regaining his power
Essence Flow - Heals a unit and damages him self by a portion of the amount healed
Death Wisps - Creates 1-4 wisp that heal targets every second based on the masters int
Steal Essence - Steals the essence of a unit healing him a percent of the units hp
Angel of Death - Summons a perfect angel of death to destroy his opponent. The angel will also deal damage to the caster as payment for his actions​

Just a reminder that this map is in the alpha stage (prebeta in other words) so most of this map is not carved in stone. Comments are very appreciated good or bad since i want to improve this map. Please post any bugs here and on how u might think they have been caused.

Also currently i am the only one working on the map and if anyone wishes to lend me some aid feel free to message me.:infl_thumbs_up:

*I will be adding a basic story line of this map soon*

Here is the current version(1/12/08) and thanks in advance for testing.

Attachments

• Endless War 0.9.2(Alpha).w3x
    366.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.