• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Enchanted wc3 cinematic video -> YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idea is to create real video, not simple wc3 cinematic.
You can present your skills related to music tools, art tools, video tools and warcraft 3 map making.

Few things to care about:
- Duration between 2 and 5 min.
- Video must include wc3 elements.
- Final submission must be uploaded to YouTube.

If needed I ca host and judge.
Opinions?

Level 13
I personally feel the description lacks detail. There are only a certain set of rules placed to structurize this contest (think about the time developers have to create this video, if colab is allowed etc).

Aside from that, what do you mean with a "real video" and what does "wc3 elements" mean?

Conclusively, as you might have noticed, the wc3 mapping community is shrinking and alongside is the (always) smaller cinematic community as well. This is not said to burn your idea to the ground but to place this idea in a realitisc point of view. I doubt there are enough people left nowadays that would like to compete. (reffering to the fact that the last 4/5 threads about cinematical contests have all not even passed approval and the one that did had 2 submissions.)

Well idea is something like this:

wc3 elements
You can use wc3 cinematics, maps, etc, anything you want to shape some story or presentation about something related to wc3.

Any wc3 map trailer is example of this.

You don't need (but you can if you want) to create new wc3 map, just create small video about something using one, two or many video tools.

Here you go random video from youtube.

This is something new, I don't want to bother with rules and details, we can even pick theme if needed.

Level 13
Well if we allow using already created projects why not o_O?
For example Hemlock can create trailer about Darkness Within and you can work on ARGOS etc.

Personally I wouldn't see myself making a trailer for something I already released to be fair ;). There aren't allot of cinematics released for warcraftIII or StarcraftII either. that would conclude the potential of having a contest I am afraid :(

Status
Not open for further replies.