• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ember Wyrm

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Emberwyrms are a type of skeleton dragon, typically raised by the Scourge from the corpses of red Dragons to serve as powerful minions.

Works well either with or without
but I recommend using both.

Caution, the model is a bit yuge.
Previews
Contents

BTNemberwyrm (Texture)

disBTN emberwyrm (Texture)

Ember Wyrm (Model)

Emberwyrm_portrait (Model)

Level 18
Hey there :)

I love the work on the particle and glow effects.

I think mastering this technique is a staple in model making, at least it really gives another layer of depth to the models.

I'm looking forward seeing more use of this and I'm glad to see the technology being used!

What a fabolous idea!

This is the Scourge version drake for the Burning Legion race!
I like it :)

Not really, it barely suits Burning Legion because the only time it would make sense is when you include Dreadlords, aside from that fact The Burning Legion barely used undead during their conquests. Also as a name suggests it's an Emberwyrm which is what you'd see if you used necromancy on a Red/Black Dragon instead of blue, aside from that it could also be used for a special type of wyrm which was Arcanagos - a blue dragon that tried to help Aegwynn to stop Possessed Medivh from doing even a larger damage, but ultimately he was struck down and burned from inside out leaving only a charred husk that would be later known as Nightbane.

Personally I could see its potential as a neutral unit or a special Scourge unit during a scenario/custom campaign. Also regarding Nightbane, I think Sapphiron model would fit better because the shape of his skull is much more similar to that of Nightbane's than that of the regular Frost Wyrm.

I did this to learn how to replace and create particle emitters in a model. The end result is replicable in a few minutes once you know the steps, so Sapphiron to nightbane is an easy fix (but I don't think that anyone would find more use to that model than to this model, though. This is made for custom maps that wanted a fire skeletal dragon, if there are any).