• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elven Village Near Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well i want to know your opinion on this terrain. If you got ideas or ways to improve this terrain, please tell me :)!

wellhere4.jpg
wellhere5.jpg
wellhere6.jpg

Level 5
Everything is really nice except the end of the world, which everyone noticed, and the statue looks very big, or hyperbolic.
I mean, this village is a 4-house-village, yet it has this badass 5 meters statue+fountain.
Also, the statue doesn`t fit together with the fountain. Look the textures.

Level 4
Well as Garshilan suggested i made the pillars darker, but well this is an WIP im kinda going to add a bigger village there and some people fishing. Now back to what you said : The big statue gotta be that big or else it will look like a little stone man raising his hands up in the air, and IF i had made it smaller it would have lost abit of the perspective. Im planning to make a second river too, but it will take some time to do that becuse of the rocks wich im planning to add to make the river more natural. I will also try to fix the end of the world but that will come last. All in all i appreciate you're feedback and i would like to thank you whit some +Rep :p! If anybody else got more ways to improve tell me.

Last edited:
Level 4
Well it's the view that makes it look like there is no shrubs or flowers but now whit updates (Haven't uploaded yet) if i zoom out you will see that there is veerry much height in there, (Also i use the shrubs most between rocks wich makes it look more natural :) ) But it's always fun to recieve feedback! Especially when i see your the one who gives it (Seen iv seen you on the forum PRETTTYY many times, like 2 years before i even joined hiveworkshop :)! Thank you Oziris , since you pointed out some stuff ill give you abit of a reward :)!

Level 36
I really really don't like rays of sunlight...

That being said, you should probably add more small trees and other medium-sized undergrowth so the horizon (which I might add is way too close to the camera) isn't so sharp. Also, HOLY FUCK MASSIVE STRETCHED MODELS... don't get lazy with your constructions!

Level 4
Well if you mean the little house ill just lower it :) Anyways thanks. dude iv seen some of your terrains and in my opinion i think they're cool/awesome :)? But.... ill try to add more underground growth (And maybe add a mining site :)?) Oh also this isn't made in UTM (Wich is stupid of me, i should have tought of that before ._.) so the trees are imported... But... ill try to update it thx for all the feedback guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.