• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elven Spellsword

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
I always liked the Thalorien base model but found its animations to be a bit lacking. I decided I'd take some time to really learn how to add and tweak animations on new models with this project, so I didn't spend a whole lot of time adding new assets to the model itself. I spent much more time borrowing animations from other models and tweaking them to work with the model.

I added pauldrons from the High Elf Swordsman (never liked the original Thalorien pauldrons), removed his cloak and moved his sword from his left hand to his right in order to accommodate the new animations.

Borrowed animations from Halahk (stand, walk, death, dissipate), Buzan (stand ready, attack 1), Militia (attack 2), Night Elf Sentry (spell) and Warden (channel). It took me about 7 hours start to finish but I feel like I learned a lot about how best to tweak animations using RMS!

Anyways, I hope someone finds this model useful. One issue I did run into that I have no idea how to correct is the model does not play sounds or portrait animations when responding to commands. I've seen that other models on the site often include a separate portrait model, but I assumed that was just for adding a background. Is it necessary to have that model for other reasons too? If anyone can tell me how to fix those sound issues, I will happily do so and update. Other feedback is also welcome of course.
Contents

Elven Spellsword (Model)

Elven Spellsword (No Glow) (Model)

The portrait with sounds are a bit weird rn. Sometimes they work when you set the same voicelines, sometimes they work when you edit the original model, sometimes they simply don't work at all.

I like the model a lot, btw, but I think it's in the wrong section. I believe this is for SD models only (maybe a mod can help you move it?).

The portrait with sounds are a bit weird rn. Sometimes they work when you set the same voicelines, sometimes they work when you edit the original model, sometimes they simply don't work at all.

I like the model a lot, btw, but I think it's in the wrong section. I believe this is for SD models only (maybe a mod can help you move it?).

Ah, ok. My experience with some of the other models on here have been somewhat similar. Sounds like it's Blizzard's fault. :p I'm glad you like the model. I tagged it as Reforged, but I think a mod has to manually move it over to the Reforged HD section. Looks like that's been done since you posted your comment.

Level 35
Hello!
This model looks great! I also did not like the original model because of the shoulders :D
Can you add an alternative with his original hair style (ponitail) and cloak too? Those were ok.
Without the ponitail his hair has a strange shape
1644437719656.png

You can also make a model without ponitail and use Anasterian hair shape
1644437859411.png

Also while comparing the two models I've notice that Anasterian is missing the armor from his arms.His model been similar to Thalorien maby you can add that for him too with a color change of course?
Thank you for all your work!
1644420553910.png

Last edited: