• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elfsilver's Epic Gallery of Epicness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to start creating a gallery thread, all organized like General Franks, so here it goes.

9/27/2008

Ok, here's my first entry. Its a Satanic Worshipper, based off the Arthas skin. I purposely overshadowed the armor to make it look dark and evil and yeah.

Arthas.jpg

The shadows are really off on the belt, and the hair has no contrast between the strands of hair whatsoever.

Its hard to manipulate contrast with Imsomnia hair. If I showed you the portrait, you would easily see the contrast.

And for the belt, I know its not properly shadowed. It was just to lay down basic basic basic highlights and shadows then move on.

Im still looking for chest ideas. Mr Goblin, the WoW armor wouldnt work out that great because Arthas's chest is asymmetrical and I dont wanna play with the wrap right now.

Level 18
Yea you need to change...all of it in my opinion
The Arthas skin is usually a vast array of recolors and bad freehand
So skip the recoloring and draw everything from scratch
It will show more hard work and allows up to help you come up with something awesome

Yea you need to change...all of it in my opinion
The Arthas skin is usually a vast array of recolors and bad freehand
So skip the recoloring and draw everything from scratch
It will show more hard work and allows up to help you come up with something awesome

There is absolutely no recolor at all. Its all been drawn over. The only thing that is not freehand. is the Pentagram, which I found a picture online to paste in there and shade and all that crap.

Anyways, heres the unwrap for some who might want to see it.

Unwrap.jpg

I've just noticed Ive really gotta fix that goatee.

Level 18
Ok, there is no clear definitions anywhere really
It's all things generated in Photoshop through the use of filters, blurs, and patterns
You need to FREEHAND, look at other skins that have been approved in the gallery

Ok, there is no clear definitions anywhere really
It's all things generated in Photoshop through the use of filters, blurs, and patterns
You need to FREEHAND, look at other skins that have been approved in the gallery

Only teh hair is filtered in, using the Imsomnia techniques. The layer effects is for rendering sakes, to make the unwrap look a bit more smooth when displayed by itself.

No offence but this skin is just fail. The eyes are hardly glowing, the strands of hair are two small and lack contrast and they don't go in the right direction (well, it's not mandatory but it would look better if it curved down), the entire body is just a blob of black shadowy surfaces, the goatee is too straight, the star is copy and paste, etc.

Level 9
why...why do people always go im gonna make a demon skin and just make something plain and add one of those so called demonic star things in and are like there its a demon cos it had a demonic star thingy >.<

why...why do people always go im gonna make a demon skin and just make something plain and add one of those so called demonic star things in and are like there its a demon cos it had a demonic star thingy >.<

INF3RNO, its only a start. When I start the face, (sometime in the middle of next week) I'm adding in tatoos and runes all over, so don't be critisizing the concept when it is not fully executed.

Well he is right about the pentagram. It is very cliche. You should try and come up with something more original.

Unfortunately, my CS3 Master Edition is not working, so I cannot access half of my intricate Hell Rune brushes I got from DeviantArt, so the pentagram will do for now. Plus, it has some personal significance to me.

You don't need to use premade brushes for everything, y'know. Um. One of the main issues I see with your skins is that you have some sort of urge to make everything super smooth. The highlights and shadows et cetera are a bit too smoothly blended.

Smoothness is what I need for this skin, as I need it to have sleek black metal. And if you guys really, want me to ditch this, I got a new concept Ill show you later today or tommorow.

Status
Not open for further replies.