• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elevators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello guys, I need a little help with this, with elevators.
Well, a full room with elevators, they all get up and down all the time, ok, I already did that, BUT, the challenge is to across the room with all the elevators getting up and down, to make difficult, but, the unit can walk all along the elevators.Example: an elevator is at height 3 and other is at 1, I on the elevator at height 3, I can simple walk on the elevator at height 1.Please, I need help for this, Thanks in advance !

+Rep to who help me =)

Level 4
but path blockers would block forever, and I dont want this, I just want that units cant walk across elevators when they are in different height...screenshot soon.

----------edit----------
here is the SS

Attachments

• War3.GIF
    War3.GIF
    240 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I'd recommend taking a look at the orc campaign, in the final few levels (I think the hyjal cave levels, or it could be a diff level completely... Haven t played the campaign in awhile) Blizzard did an elevator room just like you're doing. Just check out the map's triggers and make something like them in your map.

Level 14
This is a pretty nice tutorial on elevators.

Anyway, you're supposed to use elevators with elevator walls instead of pathing blockers. (Makes life easier) I haven't had too much experience with it so I can't really explain further, but that tutorial should help. (It also has a sample map at the bottom of the page)

Level 4
err. Ive already looked at that tutorial, but it didnt helped me, theres nothing saying how to make what I want... the guy who said that there is an example in the orc campaign, how do I open a campaign map?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Use an mpq editor to extract the map. (Magos model editor can extract it)

Level 4
I already downloaded the Magos Model Editor, very cool program, but I still cant find the map to extract..

Level 4
Off TOpic: well, this is my map, Im brazilian and so is my map, if u didnt understand the fun there, then sorry, but im sure every brazilian knows this, if u think I am being meaning , sorry I dont know how to express me well.

Level 8
Haha, actually, i'm brazilian too (but only english is allowed here ;p). I tought you would guess that by my post, but i was wrong. Relaxe, i was joking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.