• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Element TD Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
It's been over a month since I announced this project. An update is in order! Without further ado, check out these terrain pictures.

etd1.jpg

etd2.jpg

etd3.jpg

etd4.jpg

etd5.jpg

etd6.jpg

etd7.jpg

etd8.jpg

Level 25
The screenshots looks gorgeous!
How is the progress going? What have been done so far? Will you post updates about it here? If you care to enlighten me with more details.

I read at your homepage the following:
"There should be something playable by mid to late September. Be forewarned though, I am not the best when it comes to deadlines ."
And that sounds fantastic, I thought i might had to wait about half a year until this would be done. (Well, playable)

Level 11
The screenshots looks gorgeous!
How is the progress going? What have been done so far? Will you post updates about it here? If you care to enlighten me with more details.

And that sounds fantastic, I thought i might had to wait about half a year until this would be done. (Well, playable)

Yes, I will post updates here as things progress. We have gotten a lot done regarding the data editor. The code is lagging behind, but a brand new development (a great coder joined) will change that.

I'd say we are still on track to have a private beta start around mid September. Now I can't anticipate the problems that may arise within the beta. However, a public release after a few weeks of the beta starting is reasonable.

While I may not be the best with deadlines, I can assure you that you won't have to wait half a year to play this! The game will never be done; there will always be improvements possible.

Looks good, any progress on the actual gameplay and stuff yet?

Is this gunna be a clone? or a redo?

Not sure what you mean exactly. If you're talking about the game design, then yes we have done quite a lot. You can look forward to a bunch of new towers, a plethora of new modes (in future releases), and improved mechanics and core gameplay.

You should think of this version as Element TD 5.0. I hope that conveys it for you.

Level 19
I read at your homepage the following:
"There should be something playable by mid to late September. Be forewarned though, I am not the best when it comes to deadlines ."

I believe it was originally quoted for mid august :)

nice looking terrain tho,

Level 11
This is not dead...

There are about 10 abilities left to make, a handful of mechanics to implement, and a few things that need tweaking. All of the tower/creep models have been selected, 98% of the tower/ability icons have been selected, and all of the tower/creep have been given names. The special effects for most abilities still need to be selected (or tweaked). Tooltips haven't been started but that is something I can wrap up quickly.

That's where we stand. As you can see we are close to starting the alpha phase. I hope this is more helpful than a misleading deadline!

Status
Not open for further replies.