• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Phoenix Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm back from a year death in Warcraft III.

So without a further ado, say it ain't so.

I've got a brand new project, scheduled to be released in 2010.

So.. watch my thread coming up soon, it's going to be a NEW, extremely long single player campaign so people don't get bored. :)

Level 3
Were you very good? Looking over your profile, i can't see any of your work.

Not really. My map failed last time, so I'm doing something much more complicated. I'm in testing phase at the moment...

So yea. Expect the map thread in October.

However, I've been doing intensive testing... so far so good, looks almost like a movie, sort of. I'm still fixing hero abilities, implementing a credits (currency in this campaign) system and itemization for the regions.

Credits System:

Red - 1
Blue - 5
Green - 10
Yellow - 20
Orange - 50
Silver - 100
Gold - 200

Last edited:
Level 7
I played a game once, there were twice as many cut-scenes as playing. I sure hope your map is like that. All the joy of the storyline without too much trouble.

Level 3
I played a game once, there were twice as many cut-scenes as playing. I sure hope your map is like that. All the joy of the storyline without too much trouble.

At least 60% of the campaign is cutscenes or story.

The other 40% are gameplay. (But not serious gameplay until you get into the full scale dungeons)

And this is NOT the ONLY CAMPAIGN. THERE ARE LOTS MORE...

Level 3
Sound great, What you plan on calling this project?

That's really a tough choice on me.

I was planning something like "Worlds At War" (although that might be taken for a WC3 campaign) or somewhere along that.

There are multiple campaigns so it will be like:
Worlds At War I
and so on...

By the way, I've finally finished the credit's system, and the itemization is a near miss.

The silver coin model I have to give credit when I make the map forum active soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.