• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Element TD Survivor 4.3b

What is Element Tower Defense?

Element TD is an eight player Warcraft III Custom Game. Following the tradition of past Tower Defenses, invading hordes follow a specific path from start to finish. Towers must be built, creeps must be killed, victory must be earned!

A Proliferation of Strategy: Earth, Fire, and Water...

Unlike most Tower Defenses, Element TD has two major innovations that allow for a depth of strategy unseen in contemporary Tower Defense gameplay.

Whereas traditional Warcraft 3 Tower Defenses overlook armor type and attack type, Element TD creates its own world wherein each invading horde and attacking tower has a specific corresponding element.

Each elemental armor takes additional damage from the element preceding it and retains near-invulnerability from the element following it. Consequently, each tower deals damage based on its attack element versus the armor element of the invading creeps.

The circle of elements goes as follows:
Light > Darkness > Water > Fire > Nature > Earth > ... Light

Is That All?

Element TD retains a unique form of leveling up defensive towers that opens the door for a new dimension of strategy. Beginning at level 5 and for every 5 levels after that, the player chooses an Elemental Guardian to summon. These guardians channel the secrets of deep and powerful elemental magik, and when killed they grant the user the use of a specific element.

These elements either infuse existing towers with their specific qualities or inhabit their own, specialized elemental tower. Beginning with two elements, the user can combine elements and create unique dual and triple element towers. Each tower has its own offensive and support capabilities. No two elemental towers are alike in Element TD.

The Devil's in the Details...

Each element can be chosen again in order to create base element towers of levels 1, 2, and 3. In this way the 6 base elements create six base towers, each upgrade corresponding to how many guardians of a single element a user has slain.

Each element combines with another element to create a unique dual tower, and each dual tower can combine with a third and separate element to create a triple element tower. There are 15 dual towers and 20 triple towers in Element TD.

Furthermore, each hybrid tower can be upgraded to increase its own specific attack or support capabilities. Towers may only be upgraded if all of their component elements have been brought to the next level. In Element TD, better towers are only available by killing more Elemental Guardians.

Example: Two dead Fire Guardians and two dead Water Guardians allows for a level 2 Fire + Water dual-element tower.

The Rich Get Richer?

While players' instincts might be to build as strong a defense as they can manage in a Tower Defense, you are rewarded for putting off building that expensive tower and hoarding your money in Element TD. Every 15 seconds, all players gain interest on their unspent gold to the tune of 2% of their current cash. Players may also increase the initial interest rate once every five levels at the cost of an Element pick. In higher difficulty levels survival depends upon proper tower placement and cash management.

In allowing some gold to accumulate, you may find that early level creeps sneak past your defenses; however, Element TD does not trade off money lost in kills for money gained by hoarding.

Players no longer lose gold for missing out on a crucial creep kill. In most Tower Defense games, if you let a creep reach the end of its path, you lose a life and whatever gold you would have gotten from killing it. In Element TD, leaked creeps respawn at the start of the path. This gives you another chance at the gold they carry, but gives the creep another chance at you.

To reach the end of Element Tower Defense, all 60 waves must be completely defeated.

At the End of the Road there Lies a Dark and Disturbing Victory...

Visit the site at http://www.eletd.com
Contents

Element TD Survivor 4.3b (Map)

Reviews
15:25, 11th Jul 2009 PurplePoot: A quite famous and well-respected map which doesn't really need another review to tell people it's awesome. Rated Highly Recommended based on user input, fame, and quality ingame.
Level 6
I have review the map a lot of times seance the first version came out I have to say that this map is a lot of fun I mean tons of fun in multiplayer .

Level 8
A great TD. Probably one of the best. Almost always fun to play. Very well done.

Level 19
This game could be good if it was a team game, playing single on your own private area is lame. I might as well play the game alone and by playing it alone it's already 2x as boring.

There is no real tactic in this game, I was able to kill 4 randals on the hardest difficulty simple because I used the nature life combination. I don't understand why this game is so popular

Level 2
This is an amazing TD map. Probably one of my favourites. Works great on v1.29.

Lots of towers to play around with and lots of waves. I love the hybrid + pure element mechanic.

My only weak point with this map is that the strategy for All Random game mode is kinda frustrating since to maximise your income you have to constantly sell towers and re-build every 10-15 seconds since you get 100% refund rate.

I also struggle at mid/high wave 50s on Normal, but looks like it's expected. Very fun though, I needed a few practice runs to understand the ranges and which towers work better but it was an entertaining journey and very replayable. Just knowing I'm not min-maxing my income on AR sometimes gets to my head. I would've liked to have had a run where I can get every element but I guess it promotes proper strategy but it's not a big deal.

Quite polished too, never had any bugs except for the rare pathing glitch where illusion enemies jumble and stop moving but it's not that big of a deal nor something unique to this map.