• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Electrical Studios Recruiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
electricalstudiosversio.png

My power is discombobulatingly devastating! It is ludicrous that these mortals even attempt to enter my realm! - Prince Thunderaan

Electrical Studios, what is that?

Electrical Studios is map making studio (like Bloodlust Studios). We concentrate on one project, and when we make it, we move to the other. Maybe we have small amount of reputation, but we are not newbies.
Our site: http://estudioswc3.webs.com/

How and why did you make it?

When you want to make big project, you always need to search for triggerer, coder, spell maker, terrainer... We are here to make maps together, so you don't have to always search for someone who can help you. If you don't understand, that simply means that more projects will be finished, and more projects = more people addicted to Warcraft III.

Any members there?

Yes, here is full list:
1.Leader, storywriter and assisting terrainer: XXXElectroXXX
2.Co-leader, 2D artist and terrainer: Haistrah
3.Assisting storywriter: Craphter
4.Assisting triggerer: diabloj
5.Main coder: Titanhex
6.Map tester: Juabexuz Ultimatum

What do you need from us?

We are recruiting more members. We need:
3D artist
Terrainer
Everyone who can do anything good.

Is anyone supporting you?

Yes, we support Bol Productions, and they support us.
Their site is: http://www.bolproductions.tk/
Special thanks to i_brg_doom (He is making site for us)!

Last edited:
Level 3
Hey Im currently working on a project alone, but I do want to be
part of a team and as triggering is my speciality,
I would like to sign up as assist triggerer, main triggerer until you get another of course.
By saying assist triggere I mean you cant always rely (how do you spell? :S) on me,
as I might be working on my own project or Real Life stuff.

Diabloj

Level 13
I have a huge chunk on my plate, but I would still love to be a part of a team.

Currently I am solo remaking the 11th Vampire. I'm finally starting to reach a steady, stable version of the map after major overhauls to it, so my time isn't requiring as much dedication, especially when beta testing is limited by my hosting capabilities.

I'm a Jack of All Trades. I can do story work easily, as that's the base where I've gotten started and taken time studying. I can code pretty efficiently. That's my second specialty. I do vJASS and JASS, and am studying OOP as much as I can.
I can do systems and spells. The latter is easier than the former for me, of course. Still I lack the math skills for the flashier effects.

I have familiarity in the Object Editor, and the general JNGP World Editor. I'm also a top-notch map compresser. I know how to cut corners and compress data to make a map hold as much as possible without losing much if any quality.

Next I'm sub-par in the art field. I can do art and make nifty little things, but it's not on par with that which gets accepted around here. However I can also do 3D stuff a little. I can geomerge things, transfer animations, and create attachments and particles. I'm a bit rusty in the area though.

One thing I haven't really tried but have looked into and really am adamant about learning right now is terraining. I'm very interested in improving my terraining skills and creating seriously top-notch levels and level design.

Tell me what you think. I'll try to be active, but I'll be honest I might not always be the most reliable guy when you need me, as I might be busy with any number of projects I've taken up scattered across the internet.

Level 3
Hey Im currently working on a project alone, but I do want to be
part of a team and as triggering is my speciality,
I would like to sign up as assist triggerer, main triggerer until you get another of course.
By saying assist triggere I mean you cant always rely (how do you spell? :S) on me,
as I might be working on my own project or Real Life stuff.

Diabloj
Nice, you will be assisting triggerer.

I have a huge chunk on my plate, but I would still love to be a part of a team.

Currently I am solo remaking the 11th Vampire. I'm finally starting to reach a steady, stable version of the map after major overhauls to it, so my time isn't requiring as much dedication, especially when beta testing is limited by my hosting capabilities.

I'm a Jack of All Trades. I can do story work easily, as that's the base where I've gotten started and taken time studying. I can code pretty efficiently. That's my second specialty. I do vJASS and JASS, and am studying OOP as much as I can.
I can do systems and spells. The latter is easier than the former for me, of course. Still I lack the math skills for the flashier effects.

I have familiarity in the Object Editor, and the general JNGP World Editor. I'm also a top-notch map compresser. I know how to cut corners and compress data to make a map hold as much as possible without losing much if any quality.

Next I'm sub-par in the art field. I can do art and make nifty little things, but it's not on par with that which gets accepted around here. However I can also do 3D stuff a little. I can geomerge things, transfer animations, and create attachments and particles. I'm a bit rusty in the area though.

One thing I haven't really tried but have looked into and really am adamant about learning right now is terraining. I'm very interested in improving my terraining skills and creating seriously top-notch levels and level design.

Tell me what you think. I'll try to be active, but I'll be honest I might not always be the most reliable guy when you need me, as I might be busy with any number of projects I've taken up scattered across the internet.

Great, you will be main coder/triggerer and spell and system maker.

Excuse me..
Can I join in this Electrical Studios of yours??
I can be a Tester or even just a supporting Terrainer if you like.. c:
You could be tester of course. And terrainer is always good, but currently I am main terrainer until someone really great comes. But you could always be good as brainstormer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will send PM with banner (signature, logo of our studio) to Titanhex, diabloj and Juabexus Ultimatum.

Level 18
Well we got 2 options here :p i could make one for you if you like but takes som time and it would prolly be somthing like www.electricalstudios.webs.com or 2 i create you a sub forum on my website cause my website is specialy made to support projects i could also make a single page for you about your project or somthing but than you would need to give me info. so tell me what you want.

Level 3
Well we got 2 options here :p i could make one for you if you like but takes som time and it would prolly be somthing like www.electricalstudios.webs.com or 2 i create you a sub forum on my website cause my website is specialy made to support projects i could also make a single page for you about your project or somthing but than you would need to give me info. so tell me what you want.
Great! I vote for first option!

Level 18
ok but on 1 condition if im allowed to let the electricalstudios website support Bol Productions and bol productions support electrical studios. o btw thanks for the rep didnt see it :p

o and i need som info about how the website should look it has som basic things i cant change but maybe tell me what style you want a bit game like with electrical stuff and what background would you like?

Level 3
ok but on 1 condition if im allowed to let the electricalstudios website support Bol Productions and bol productions support electrical studios. o btw thanks for the rep didnt see it :p

o and i need som info about how the website should look it has som basic things i cant change but maybe tell me what style you want a bit game like with electrical stuff and what background would you like?

Of course you are allowed! Supporting is great!
Use logo in first post as website logo, and make some electrical stuff around. Fill whole background with electrical stuff.

Level 3
That's some blind stuff people are led to.
Show them some of your work, what level your work is and what exactly are you planning to do, what motivated you and some things about yourself, since you are a leader of this project.
You require a web site, when you have nothing to upload as WIPs?

You are right about more info.
I require a site because i need place where I can safely talk with members about future projects of Electrical Studios.

Level 3
lol BTW what did you have in mind for a project?

Foxy is pretty eager to be on a map making team. I think we should see what he/she has got.

Also, I would like to know what work you have under your belt as far as terrain goes. Screenshots would be cool :)
Yeah, Foxy will be in team, but I hust don't know what role to give him.
My terrains:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/nature-159152/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/1st-terrain-158396/

i dont wana advertise or anything but maybe like joining albian rpg campaing? just a sugestion :p
I'm not sure, but we will probably think of something on forum.

Level 13
Pretty good terrain. That's something I'd like to be able to do soon here.

I think if I combined terraining with programming to create powerful visual effects, it would be superb. The extreme of that is of course cinematics XD

I'm also looking to practice using hashtables and attachment effects to create unique looking units and heroes without creating new models.

Level 6
This sounds pretty legit, and ill join if you'd have me. I'm a very well rounded triggerer with good math knowledge to back it up. I'm also pretty good at answering general FAQ questions (whether after research or off my head). I notice you have coders already (Not suprisingly), but i've recently begun making MIDI files in Sibelius and could make custom music if needed. I'm a real creative type and am trying desperately to improve my terraining and 2D art skills. Essentially, you can give me a task and I can create a result that won't make you vomit (Hopefully...). :p

Level 13
Well for all you implying or wondering, I'll throw you this tidbit of info:

Our team has decided on an AoS (For Certain) as our first project to get to know each other's styles and abilities, as well as work with each other. It was just what was voted on.

Two of our members have become completely inactive (2 weeks, no activity). (Our Leader, Electric, and Akira-Sama, who I think is our co-leader. lol Go f-ing Figure.)

With that being the case we are now looking for a new leader, a terrainer, and maybe a small handful of whatever else. T4CO you're welcome to join if you want, we could likely use you. RPGman, if you don't know what you can do there's a good chance you'll just be in the way. You may benefit the most by going to some tutorials and finding something you think you could be good at and giving it a try. After you have an idea and some practice, come back and show us your work. :) Good luck.

One of us active members will likely open a new thread if our leaders remain absent, looking to recruit a leader and a terrainer, as well as a 2-D/3-D artist and who-ever else. If someone on this thread wants to volunteer as leader than I'm for it (Being active is the only requirement, checking the threads 1-2 times a day and keeping the information up to date, everything else I can help you with as co-leader).

On a side note, the AoS will likely have an interesting plotline and a very unique feature. (This is not 100% between all the members yet.) Three factions, the third faction being mercenaries hirable by both sides. It'll add a very unique twist to the AoS genre.

We'll try to keep all interested in this thread informed. If the AoS gets created fast enough we'll be able to move onto another map to create :)

(Oh and on another note, I haven't given up on my 11th Vampire map. It's just got a nasty bug that can only be weeded out in multiplayer, and I don't have hosting capabilities.)

Level 6
Thanks. I'm game for temp-leader. I don't really hav fourm/internet-leading experience (I'm a good leader face-to-face, so I can't see it being too hard), but what exactly would it requcire? You know somewhat my strong and weak points.

Level 9
Sorry hehe

Well for all you implying or wondering, I'll throw you this tidbit of info:

Our team has decided on an AoS (For Certain) as our first project to get to know each other's styles and abilities, as well as work with each other. It was just what was voted on.

Two of our members have become completely inactive (2 weeks, no activity). (Our Leader, Electric, and Akira-Sama, who I think is our co-leader. lol Go f-ing Figure.)

With that being the case we are now looking for a new leader, a terrainer, and maybe a small handful of whatever else. T4CO you're welcome to join if you want, we could likely use you. RPGman, if you don't know what you can do there's a good chance you'll just be in the way. You may benefit the most by going to some tutorials and finding something you think you could be good at and giving it a try. After you have an idea and some practice, come back and show us your work. :) Good luck.

One of us active members will likely open a new thread if our leaders remain absent, looking to recruit a leader and a terrainer, as well as a 2-D/3-D artist and who-ever else. If someone on this thread wants to volunteer as leader than I'm for it (Being active is the only requirement, checking the threads 1-2 times a day and keeping the information up to date, everything else I can help you with as co-leader).

On a side note, the AoS will likely have an interesting plotline and a very unique feature. (This is not 100% between all the members yet.) Three factions, the third faction being mercenaries hirable by both sides. It'll add a very unique twist to the AoS genre.

We'll try to keep all interested in this thread informed. If the AoS gets created fast enough we'll be able to move onto another map to create :)

(Oh and on another note, I haven't given up on my 11th Vampire map. It's just got a nasty bug that can only be weeded out in multiplayer, and I don't have hosting capabilities.)

Sorry if I gave the impresstion i don't know how it's that I don't know if others would like it I don't really show my work... That is why I wanted to join a team so far I have been rejected everywhere. :sad:

Level 13
A knowledge of external doodads is a powerful thing for terrainers. Since custom model doodads take up so little space they're always available to be added. It's sort of the Knowledge side of Terraining, whereas the Technical side would be the Doodad Stats and Pathing Maps; the Technique side would be an almost artistic understanding of design and scenary, and is the hardest and most difficult to duplicate. This triad can say a lot about your terraining skills. It's up to you to decide how and if you wanna display each of those.

The temple is the main focus but the scenary around it is just as important. As far as the design of the temple, lets say it's a multi-room temple. There is a main hall for worship with an avatar of each god represented. Another room would likely be clergy quarters. The rest is up to you.

Hopefully I haven't given you anything too hard. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.