• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elder Shaman Thrall

Few months ago I was kinda in love by Thrall Shaman Model in WoW, so I decided to make this in tribute to our beloved and eternal WarChief.

I present you Go'el, or Thrall the Son of Durotan, and the WarChief of the Horde.

Tags: WarChief, Shaman, Thrall, WoW, WorldOfWarcraft

"You disappoint me, Garrosh. You are not worthy of your father's legacy"
"No... you choose your own destiny!"

UPDATE:
  • Dissipate Animation Added and Enhanced
  • Animations Bug Fixed
  • Mace size decreased
  • New animations and effects (NEW)
ABILITIES:

Doomhammer: Thrall toss Doomhammer at an enemy target, dealing 100/150/200/250/300 (+50%Strength) (+80%Intelligence) as Magic Damage and microstunning the target. (microstun duration is 0.1 second).

Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Mana Cost: 75/85/95/105/115

Chain Lightning: Thrall calls forth a lightning that jumps to 4/6/8/10/12 targets, dealing 75/135/195/255/315 (+100%Intelligence) as Magic Damage. Each jump deals 40/35/30/25/20% less damage.

Cooldown: 12 seconds.
Mana Cost: 120 each level

Thunder Clap - Passive: Thrall's basic attacks have 10/15/20/25/30% (+10%Strength) chance to deal (+60%Strength) (+75%Intelligence) as Magic Damage to enemies around him in a 300 radius area.

Note: Doomhammer can trigger Thunder Clap, dealing damage nearby the targeted unit.
Note: Chance % cannot be greater than 70%.

Frostwolf Howl: Thrall lets loose a howl of his ancestors, dealing 150/250/350 (+85%Intelligence) as Magic Damage, and reducing their Attack Damage by 20/35/50% (+20%Strength) and their Armor by 2/5/8 (+15%Strength). The debuff lasts for 15 seconds.

Area of Effect: 650
Cooldown: 200/190/180 seconds
Mana Cost: 150 each level

Hints and Tricks:

Playing with Thrall

• You can build hybrid between Strength and Intelligence, for more durabillity and damage.
  • Maximize Doomhammer and Thunder Clap grows intensly Thrall's damage.
  • Frostwolf Howl have greater effects in team fights than in 1x1 combat.
  • Although Doomhammer can trigger the effects of Thunder Clap, it doesn't apply on-hit effects.
  • Thrall have a good clear wave with Chain Lightning.
  • Spell Vampirism is welcome to Thrall's build.
Playing against Thrall
  • Thrall's early damage is low, try get advantage of this in early game.
  • Thrall's damage is Magic, Magic Resistance will reduce greatly his damage.
  • If Thrall is building Strength try to build items that deals damage based on % of his Hitpoints.
  • Thrall's Mana Costs are expensive, and he's melee, wait for the right moment to punish him.
  • Facing Thrall with Ranged Heroes can grant you good laning phase.
  • Be careful with channeling abilities, wait for Doomhammer's cooldown.
Previews
Contents

Elder Shaman Thrall (Model)

Elder Shaman Thrall - Portrait (Model)

Level 5
Noys! I like how you used the grunt animations. Been waiting for a shaman Thrall/Go'el model for a long time

4+1/5 Because of how awesome it looks and how much I love Thrall as a character

Keep making good models!

EDIT: There is a major problem

I actually tested it in-game, and found these errors:

The attack animation is shows him leaping back or whatever you call that shit. It's kinda different than the one shown in the Hive Model Viewer. What seems to be the problem?

Last edited:
Level 20
Noys! I like how you used the grunt animations. Been waiting for a shaman Thrall/Go'el model for a long time

4+1/5 Because of how awesome it looks and how much I love Thrall as a character

Keep making good models!

EDIT: There is a major problem

I actually tested it in-game, and found these errors:

The attack animation is shows him leaping back or whatever you call that shit. It's kinda different than the one shown in the Hive Model Viewer. What seems to be the problem?

Yes, I've already noticed this (FU&*%$#@ problem) It's already fixed as you can see in the description. It happened because to make the Dissipate animation I had to put the bones into Bezier Type. But I forgot to change back to Hermit. Now I'm testing it to see if there's another bug that must be fixed. Not the attack animations but the spell animation too were showing this bug.

Level 5
I downloaded it again and nothing has changed. Still does that leaning back-attack animation I was telling you about a while ago. Works fine in the in-site viewer though. Any recommendations?

Level 5
Still not working. At least for me. I don't know if my computer's really shitty or there's really something wrong with the model. I dunno. Sorry if you think that I'm a bit pushy to all of this.

Sorry for wasting your time as well

Level 20
Still not working. At least for me. I don't know if my computer's really shitty or there's really something wrong with the model. I dunno. Sorry if you think that I'm a bit pushy to all of this.

Sorry for wasting your time as well

That's weird. Try testing in my map. If you notice it worked then Extract the Model to the folder.

Attachments

• ShamanThrallTest.w3x
    111 KB · Views: 154
Level 5
Suggestion: Put some design on doomhammer. I'm kinda bored just by looking at a plain white metal hammer wielded by Thrall. Maybe put the Frostwolf clan logo on the sides...

Level 20
Suggestion: Put some design on doomhammer. I'm kinda bored just by looking at a plain white metal hammer wielded by Thrall. Maybe put the Frostwolf clan logo on the sides...

I was wondering if I should put the Frostwolf logo in the hammer, but the only Wolf Face that would be nice is the Far Seer Shield. I'll see it it fits nicelly.

Level 50
Nice job editing grunt model. If I were you I would look for some animations to give him, like where he throws he's hammer at enemies. And you can always add him more attack animations from shaman model, with little editing you could make them work nice. It's great so far, keep it up.

Level 8
I have seen many models of Thrall with "WoW Style", but certainly, your model is in my top 3.

However, it can be improved, you could:

1. Add chains in his hands and in his belt.

2. Replace his wristlets by Far Seer Hero.

3. Add a worthy belt, I don't remember the path of the texture, but is this:

300px-OrcCrest.jpg

Just take the "shield" and put in reverse.

Anyway, great job! 5/5

Level 20
I have seen many models of Thrall with "WoW Style", but certainly, your model is in my top 3.

However, it can be improved, you could:

1. Add chains in his hands and in his belt.

2. Replace his wristlets by Far Seer Hero.

3. Add a worthy belt, I don't remember the path of the texture, but is this:

300px-OrcCrest.jpg

Just take the "shield" and put in reverse.

Anyway, great job! 5/5

Alright, thanks for the advice!