• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shaman Thrall

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This model is from world of warcraft mist of pandaria. this model is awesome.if you import this model this will come with portrait

Keywords:
Shaman,Thrall,World of warcraft,Orc,Hero
Contents

Shaman Thrall (Model)

Reviews
17:39, 28th Aug 2014 Deolrin: World of Warcraft exports are not allowed. BlinkBoy: let me correct something. Now-a-days blizzard rips are allowed, but unmodified models aren't fit to our model database. We can not accept simple conversions.

M

17:39, 28th Aug 2014
Deolrin: World of Warcraft exports are not allowed.

BlinkBoy: let me correct something. Now-a-days blizzard rips are allowed, but unmodified models aren't fit to our model database. We can not accept simple conversions.

Zed

Zed

Level 7
This is a rip.
And please read the rules before uploading models.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/model-submission-rules-237333/

Rules said:
•A model created by a different author requires proof of the author's documented and verifiable permission.
•It must be explicitly declared in the description which parts of a model (geometry/textures/animations) were not created by you.

◦If they are released under specific terms (or a license), you must ensure that your usage is permitted.◾Note: Material exported from Blizzard games can safely be used.

Technically they're allowed, however this isn't original so it can be considered rule breaking. Sellenisko is fine though.

I do wonder where you guys are reading your rules though.

Level 25
I do wonder where you guys are reading your rules though.

In the 'Rules' section.

General Resource Rules said:
Exported materials from other games is not permitted.
One exception is content exported from games developed by Blizzard Entertainment may be permitted if it is properly adapted to the Warcraft 3 engine and credit is given to Blizzard. The resource owner will in most cases be set to Blizzard Entertainment.

I would argue that, with the high resolution WoW textures and large file size, this model hasn't been properly adapted to WC3 (and the "author" has put no effort whatsoever into doing that).
I think this rule is mainly meant to allow WoW icons to be uploaded to Hive (with Blizzard Entertainment as their author), since they follow a similar art style to WC3's.

Also, there's this too (from just below the section you quoted):
Model Submission Rules said:
In all cases you must make sure it is properly adapted to Warcraft (file size, team color, poly count, animations).