• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Eine Kreuzung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xar

Xar

Level 2
Hi, i think iam far enough to show the map here for some sort of betatesting and improvement. Map ist edited with WEU.

Story? I don't think i need one, my map should stand in one row with "Ein Baum" and "Ein Held". Nice small maps with nothing to do but watching.

What I have

- A unique map idea "a crossroad"
- Wc3 units as traffic (11 with response to the trafic lights
- Simple traffic light system
- Working but not perfect driving system (many collisions..., units just crash in the traffic from the other side)
- A zoo (ok i must something do against the empty spots)

What I need

- Terrain, my abilities are not countable on this topic
- Someone search for leaks, or show me how to improve the triggers
- Improvement of driving system so i can insert the other 2 directions and don't get a mess of "cars"
- Disable the standard sound theme or find a better one

Pictures and Map
*edit* WEU only funktion removed

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_102707_224950_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_102707_224950_02.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 163
  • WC3ScrnShot_102707_225201_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_102707_225201_01.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 161
  • WC3ScrnShot_102707_225215_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_102707_225215_02.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 169
  • Eine Kreuzung 0.8.w3x
    44 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Level 25
I can terrain this simple map and also provide a few custom models for you as well. The sound theme/music can also be handled by me I hope. :wink:

[Edit]:
Can't open the map: There is a problem with one of your functions I believe. Therefore I cannot help you. Sorry!
~Craka_J

Xar

Xar

Level 2
Hm, yes, i used a WEU only function, i trie to remove this one so that the map can be open with the normal WE.

Xar

Xar

Level 2
Sorry for the long response time but i was totaly busy the last two days.
The map can now opened with the standard WE. (Post one updated)

Xar

Xar

Level 2
Hi, after 2 weeks i ask you for your progress. Any news you can tell me?

Level 25
Oh, I didn't notice that you fixed the problem that didn't let me edit it! Well I will get to work on it right now and will try to get it done as soon as I can. Most likely within three days.

[Edit]:
Well I didn't do very much. I added two new tilesets (Sidewalk and Street tile) which were created by Punisher_X, and a Traffic Light which was by both Punisher_X and Illidan(Evil)X.

I added a tiny bit of environmental decoration and tile variation to your map. Randomly placed but it'll do for now until you get a more willing terrainer. Or at least until your map is more complete, I will then possibly help you terrain your map better.

Please give credit to Punisher_X and Illidan(Evil)X if you use the stuff within this map. (Tiles and doodads)

[Edit2]:
Removed map. Xar, if you didn't get the map yet, PM me for it.
~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 5
And i am almost German at least in my soul xD

PipeDream is half German =) and PitzerMike is Austrian (sry if it's not correct)
etc.

Paul Van Dyk is German :cool: (2005,2006 World best Dj... but i prefer Tiesto ^^ )
a true German stuff == high quality =)

Level 5
I wouldn't be suprised if you were German
no =) i am Russ/Ukrainian (in true but was born in Russia and lived some time)
but my elder brother lives in German xD (and counts as a German citizen). well the feature is what i simple have sattelite TV and i am watching only German xD (in such way i also learned it) so i know wahts going on in German but don't know whats happening in Ukr/Russ xD
and
i <3 Rammstein ^^ cause of the fucking awesome lyrics... (but well Tills vocal also pawnz such as the music self xD)

I am also half German.
*BIER* !

Xar

Xar

Level 2
Yesterday I found time to view your changes and I'm really impressed. :thumbs_up: Even if they are only small changes, they contribute very much to the atmosphere. I took on the traffic lights, a wonderful model, and added the other two directions. As expected it ended in chaos, which I have restrained a little bit.

The only thing I need now, is a way to reset the camera.

Would I have much more spare time, maybe a collision free (respect traffic rules) version is possible, but i think that is only possible in jass.

Level 25
To give units almost no collision, go into the Unit Editor and set their collision to 0.00. It will probably set itself to 0.01 or something like that afterwards and the traffic problem will be resolved after you set the collision of each vehicle unit this collision in the Unit Editor.
~Craka_J

Xar

Xar

Level 2
This would give also collisions cause of the oversized modell. The will move straight forward, but intersect with their model anyway.

Level 25
It would be really awesome if you added a multiboard which displayed:
  • Mph vehicle is moving at.
  • Gas left in vehicle.
  • What mode it is in (Park, Drive, Reverse, etc.)

You can also make a spell for the vehicles that initiate turning signals, which can be spell effects attached in the back to appear to show which way it is going to turn. (You might need to edit the model's attachment points for this to work right)

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.