• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Effect Attached on unit scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, im currently learning triggering and stuff.

I wanna make a spell that creates sort of a field attached to my Hero and every enemy in range of this field is heavily slowed (Like a magnetic field), but i have no idea how to make the effect bigger on my Hero to match the AoE of the ability.
I've seen some threads about dummies of units and scalling them but it works kinda weird as it isn't really attached to my Hero.

Could anyone give me some tips? I would appreciate all help ;)

Level 21
it should actually look fine if you move the dummy unit instantly to the hero every 0.03 seconds or so

Level 39
it should actually look fine if you move the dummy unit instantly to the hero every 0.03 seconds or so
Totally unnecessary to do it that way; there's no need for a dummy. Give the caster a hidden aura (either inside a disabled spellbook; hidden with 0,-11 button position; or hidden, but not disabled, by a trigger) based on endurance or tornado slow. If the spell is permanent then congrats you're done; if the spell has a duration you'll need a relatively simple trigger and some dynamic indexing to add/remove the aura when appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.