• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

attachment scale problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
salutations ( really exist xD? ) comrades!

working in a system that manage the scale of the attachments. But i was wondering if there is some sort of way to do it throught the objet editor ??

Because i want to know how it works when you attach a special effect to a unit if this unit for example is X = 100%, Y=200% and Z=100%??

I mean: Can you configure the attachments scale through some trigger or the objet editor. But to continue to scale with the unit.

Soo if the unit gets bigger. example from 100% to 200% the attachment will get from 120% to 220%.

If you are confused tell me please.

sry for my english and for my quadrillion questions^^.

You can't scale it directly. You have to make it a separate unit if you want that feature.

However, iirc you can add particular attachment properties to increase the scaling of attachments (such as "Large"). Eh, I forget which field it is in the object editor. I think the ogre has it, but I could be wrong. It may be part of the actual attachment point--try adding "large" or "medium" to the attachment point name.

Level 6
And i think ( correct me if wrong ) that attachments are much more efficient than creating a dummy unit and with a loop set to folow ...ect...ect

But i am afraid maybe i need to use that. Specially because attachments in some rips are omg.

Level 6
What are you exactly trying to do? Maybe there's a workaround.

for example to set the bloodlust on a rip unit soo that the buff will be 120% if the unit scale is 100% instead of 100-100. And if the unit grows up to 200% the bloodlust will scale up to 220%.

But without dummy unit Dr Super Good said is imposible in wc3 engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.