• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editor Percentage Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use the edit function to edit your post instead of posting a lot of consecutive replies.

Also why do you do;
  • Unit - Set Armor of (Triggering unit) to (1.00 x 1.10)
?

It sets the armor of the triggering unit to 1, then adds 10%. Is that intentional, or were you gonna give 10% of current armor? If so do this;

• Unit - Set Armor of (Triggering unit) to (Armor of (Triggering unit) x 1.10)
Also there is no triggering unit in the event "Map Initialization" so how you made your trigger work beats me.

Level 6
  • Untitled Trigger 008
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Gwiezdne Szaty
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set Armor of (Triggering unit) to ((Armor of (Triggering unit)) x 1.10)
Sorry It is don't work when I start map, this must work on hero

Use the edit function to edit your post instead of posting a lot of consecutive replies.

Also why do you do;
  • Unit - Set Armor of (Triggering unit) to (1.00 x 1.10)
?

It sets the armor of the triggering unit to 1, then adds 10%. Is that intentional, or were you gonna give 10% of current armor? If so do this;

Also there is no triggering unit in the event "Map Initialization" so how you made your trigger work beats me.
This is don't work on hero in my map:
  • Untitled Trigger 008
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Gwiezdne Szaty
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set Armor of (Triggering unit) to ((Armor of (Triggering unit)) x 1.10)
It is don't work on hero help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your trigger isn't even executing because you are using map initialization as your event, then you have a condition to check for a unit casting an ability.

There are no unit casting any abilities at map initialization therefore the triggering unit doesn't exist. You can't set the armor of a unit that doesn't exist.

Use the event "A unit starts the effect of an ability", that should fix it.

If you want it to happen at map initialization then remove the ability condition, and pick the unit instead of using triggering unit.

Level 6
full
THIS IS DON'T WORK I MADE START EFFECT OF ABILITY

The event fires the trigger on map initialiozation, and there's no "(Triggering unit)". You probably want "A unit starts the effect of an ability" event.
This is don't work on hero!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
Your trigger isn't even executing because you are using map initialization as your event, then you have a condition to check for a unit casting an ability.

There are no unit casting any abilities at map initialization therefore the triggering unit doesn't exist. You can't set the armor of a unit that doesn't exist.

Use the event "A unit starts the effect of an ability", that should fix it.

If you want it to happen at map initialization then remove the ability condition, and pick the unit instead of using triggering unit.
I am doing its good, but this is no effect, I try start effect trigger and this is don't work.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Like FeelsGoodMan said, you can already use Devotion Aura with a percent bonus (not sure if it works but try it out).

That aside, here's how you would trigger a passive skill:

"A unit learns a skill" is the Event you can use for leveling up passive skills.

• Events:
  • A unit learns a skill
  • Conditions:
  • Learned hero skill equal to Your Skill
  • Actions:
  • Set Armor of triggering unit to Armor of triggering unit * 1.10
Note that each time you level up the skill it will multiply your CURRENT armor by 1.10. So 10 Armor becomes 11 Armor, 11 becomes 12.1, 12.1 becomes 13.31, etc...

You would have to keep track of the unit's Base Armor + Bonus Armor to handle this properly. So something like: Set Armor of triggering unit to (Base Armor * 1.10) + Bonus Armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.